Guest Paulyn Y

475 - will giving up now means no return in future?

Guest Paulyn Y

hi, i have a 2 1/2yo boy, and hubby had not been able to get a job with a decent pay. our savings had been bleeding slowly, but surely for about a year now. needless to say, whatever we have left, can only see us thru for a few more months. Not quite enough until we qualify for the 887 visa; we still have one more year of residency to fulfill before we are eligible.

as much as i love it here, i can't let my family end up homeless.... so, as painful as it maybe, we are thinking about going home or migrate (again) to singapore. the thing is, what if, in future, we found an employer who are willing to sponsor us? or if our children would want to attend university in australia? would our visa be denied because we had given up now? Can there be a 2nd chance?

being a TR, we are certainly not eligible for the RRV. :confused:

Guest Heather2011

What does hubby do? Can he not just get any job just to get some money coming in? While he looks for work in his field...

No you haven't done anything wrong like overstay, etc. Your visa is a temp res one, so unless converted you are not expected to be here permenantly anyway. If you or your kids wanted to come back in the future you would have to re apply and you would be assessed in the normal way. The government does not see Residents here on TR leaving as failures, many people come on them to work here for a short time only.

Guest Paulyn Y

Hi heather, my husband was in tax and used to work for one of the Big4 accounting firms. Strangely enough non of the Big4 in adelaide would even entertain his application. he does have an odd job, selling books, but it's not enough to sustain the rent, let alone other expenses. we are giving ourselves another 6 mths (to coincide with our lease) and one last shot. i know that in such economic condition, i am asking for a miracle. and sadly nothing short of a permanent white colar position will make us stay.

dear rachiegarlo, your reply was enlightening to say the least. it brought me such relief! you have pointed out to me the other side of the coin, which i've ignored completely. nevertheless, i'll still talk to the immigration to make sure that they share the same view.

Guest winsonwongsg

hi Paullyn Y,

Can i know where are you from? I am currently working in Singapore and a permanent resident here (Singapore). FYI, I am a Malaysian.

I am applying for 475 visa to Adelaide. I do understand your feeling about not getting a decent pay job. Maybe, try to get a part time job too to pay the extra expenses.

Well, i work and have quite a good pay in Singapore but due to high expenses, i really hardly can save for my own. My 2 kids are schooling. Education is quite cheap but the enrichment course for the kids are not. I have to pay for my nanny to take good care for my kids. We can have a great life style if the education in Singapore is like in Australia. It is tough and stress for the kids. That stress transfer to the parents too.

And yet, Singapore is getting alot of immigrant nowadays. Getting very crowded and sooner or later, it will become like Hongkong.

That's the reason why i want to go to Australia. If i can't secure a full time job, i will get 2 or 3 part time job, just to cover the expenses and qualify for PR.

At the end of the day, no body dies! Remember, there is always a choice for everyone. Most importantly, your family is healthy.

I hope this will enlighten you.

Feel free to email me if you want to know more about Singapore.

cheers!

Winson Wong

Guest Heather2011
    Hi heather, my husband was in tax and used to work for one of the Big4 accounting firms. Strangely enough non of the Big4 in adelaide would even entertain his application. he does have an odd job, selling books, but it's not enough to sustain the rent, let alone other expenses. we are giving ourselves another 6 mths (to coincide with our lease) and one last shot. i know that in such economic condition, i am asking for a miracle. and sadly nothing short of a permanent white colar position will make us stay.

dear rachiegarlo, your reply was enlightening to say the least. it brought me such relief! you have pointed out to me the other side of the coin, which i've ignored completely. nevertheless, i'll still talk to the immigration to make sure that they share the same view.

Hi Lyn

i was just checking out seek.com.au and come accross this:

http://www.seek.com.au/Job/manager-tax-consulting-supervisor/in/adelaide-adelaide/21813767

Its worth a try...

Good luck