Sign in to follow this  
Guest simtrakyra

Newbie planning return to Adelaide

Guest simtrakyra

Hi All :D,

I've only just found this website and thought I'd introduce my little family to you all.

Me (Tracy) and my husband Simon obtained our visas and moved to Adelaide in October 2003, our little girl Kyra was born at Modbury June 2005. We decided to return to the UK last year :roll: , but we haven't settled here, and are currently planning the big return to Adelaide later this year.

We're a little apprehensive about the move this time round as we'll be taking our daughter with us, whereas first time it was just us to sort out. We are looking to return to the North Eastern suburbs of Adelaide - previously lived in Wynn Vale, Golden Grove and Walkley Heights.

Look forward to hearing from other people who have gone through (or are going through) similiar experiences.

Tracy, Simon & Kyra

Guest Guest75

Hiya and welcome - fellow Leeds people :-)

Sorry to hear you did not settle the first time here.

Best wishes for your move this time.

Guest dglamoore

Hiya

I do have a friend who did not settle the first time round and returned to the UK. She has recently gone back and currently enjoying her new life in Adelaide and seems much more settled this time.

It is such a shame it did not work the first time and hope it all works out for you and your family this time round :D At least this time you know what to expect which will hopefully make it easier for you.

Lisa

Guest simtrakyra

Hiya Tyke and Lisa, thanks for your replies and well wishes.

Yeah, we're sorry it didn't work out first time round too. We're hoping this time will work out for us. I've heard of so many Brits moving backwards and forwards several times before they finally settled. Its certainly true that you forget the bad points of where you left and only remember the good things.

Lisa, glad to hear your friend settled second time round. I bet she's glad she made the decision to go through with it all over again. I really don't want to know how much its cost us, but so long as we eventually settle somewhere thats all that matters.

Tyke, did you ever apply for citizenship or are you still a permanent resident? Am I right in thinking you're originally from Pudsey? We're currently renting in Tingley area.

Simon leaves work 15th June and then we're off to Cornwall (near Newquay) for a holiday before spending one last week with family before flying out.

Guest Guest75
    Hiya Tyke and Lisa, thanks for your replies and well wishes.

Tyke, did you ever apply for citizenship or are you still a permanent resident? Am I right in thinking you're originally from Pudsey? We're currently renting in Tingley area.

Hiya

Yup - originally from Pudsey, we lived on the hill overlooking the Owlcotes Centre.

We had frozen food/discount shop in Pudsey,Meanwood and Morley - called Topfreeze :-)

Sadly 18 months after we sold the business it went bankrupt due to bad management :-(

I think the shop in Morley is still going down the bottom there.

You are not far off a warehouse we have off Scotchman lane.

I went back to the UK twice last year for family reasons (shudder) - it seemed a lot worse than when I lived there.

We came out on a permanent residency visa and took citizenship a few years ago. A very proud moment it was for us - they can't get rid of us now!!!

:lol:

Good luck on your move,hopefully you will make a good bunch of friends here :-)