Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nick11

DECS Payroll

Guest Nick11

Just got some relief teaching work at long last !! Just realised I have no idea how I get paid! I've trawled through the DECS website but can't find anything! How do I register to get paid!

I remember somewhere about having to fill forms in at post office somewhere!

Please don't tell me its as hard as actually registering - I've never come across such a complicated system in my life!

Nick

x

Guest JPT07

Hi Nick, Can't help but just wanted to say good luck with the new job.

Lorna.x

Guest Nick11

Cheers chuck - am panicing now - never thought about how I'd get paid etc!

Guest Libby1971

Have no fear, Libby is here, and when it comes to getting paid, I am the fountain of knowledge!!!!

Right, you need to go the offices or at least we did adn fill in some forms including filling in a tax form so remember to make a note of your tax file number.

They will automatically have you listed on the lowest pay scale. Once you do some work, they will reassess you and adjust your pay level in line with your experience etc adn you will be paid the balance next pay round.

Even more confusing than it needs to be but hey, someone's aunts nephews cousin needed a job so they made one!!

Libby

Guest sarahsmartiepants

Even more confusing than it needs to be but hey, someone's aunts nephews cousin needed a job so they made one!!

Libby

That is sooo funny Libby:biglaugh::biglaugh:

And congrats on the job Nick, even if you would rather be not working! Hope you get paid ok!

sarah