Guest MrsHills

Posh Frock Shop?

Guest MrsHills

Any ideas where we can get an evening gown from? Not too expensive and in a plus size? My daughter has a ball to attend, and she has ballooned recently due to medication she is taking. All help, as usual, gratefully received.

She is a size 16/18 (more 18 than 16 though)

Guest beckeithking

Have you tried the city chic shops - looked quite trendy and i found there sizes very generous. I went to the one in Tee tree plaza - but think they are in the city and Marion too.

online too http://www.citychiconline.com/index.php/dresses.html

there is also - my size Marion, rundle mall and harbour town - don't know about evening dresses though

If in doubt - check the internet.

Good luck!!!

Bec xx

Agree about City Chic. The staff there are lovely too. There is also a shop called TS - there is one on Jetty Road Glenelg. Don't know if they'd have actual ball dresses but definitely evening wear. They start from a 14. Also have a browse maybe on the Parade in Norwood or the shops on King William Road - they are the areas I'd hit up if I needed something a bit special - not sure on specific plus size places, but sure there would be a few.

Also worth checking Myer and David Jones in the city/a Westfield. Oh and there's also a City Chic in Harbourtown. Good luck, happy shopping!