Guest maxfactornackerlacker

Travellers cheques or cards ?

I am going over to Adelaide in 3 weeks time for a 3 week reccie.

For all of the stuff that we are planning to do, and pay out, I reckon I am gonna spend about 3 grand. Now, when we go to spain etc, I usually take a few hundred euros, to get me started, andjust use my debit card to withdraw money from the cash machine, as the exchange rate is really good.

What do you guys do when you go over there ?

I know that the post office and others now do that card that you put cash on, and use like a debit card.

Any suggestions would be reall appreciated.

Cheers

Max

Guest Maria Day

I would suggest you use Thomas cook passport card. It's like debit card and you get pin so u can use I anywhere and don't get charge extra for using it except cash machines. They are very good. I used it when w first arrived and had no problem at all. Good luck on your recci.

Maria.

Check with your bank for charges, we use our Nationwide debit card but also have a Caxton card, which we pre-load.

We have arrived in many countries with not a penny (baht ....whatever) and just go to an airport ATM.

TBH it really depends on what your bank charges you as well as the rate, the Caxton card is good coz they don't charge for withdrawals and you can use it just like a debit card in stores etc.

Cheers both for the advice.

It looks like this card that you pre load is the winner so far ! I know there are a few now, so I will go and have a look at a few for the best deal. Might only save me a few quid, but thats another bottle of wine when I am over there :biggrin:

Cheers

Guest Maria Day

Hi, you can pre load the Thomas cook card as well.