Asad

Can I apply for 176 visa while having 475 visa on passport????

Dear All,

I have started my immigration process in Dec 2010. But due to change in immi rules in jun'11 I can't apply for 176 visa. My agent told me that no problem you can apply as 475 visa which is TR for 03 years and a path way to PR. As I had no other options then, I went for 475 visa. We have received our 475 visa stamp on passport in DEC'11.

Now I found my experience[ when I have applied for 475 then I had Experience of 7 years and few months, now in March'12 I will have 08 years of experience] now make me quilify for 176 visa, which is PR visa!!!

We don't yet arrive in Australia using 475 visa and our first entry date is given within NOv'12. Now my question is if I log a new and fresh application for 176 ? Can I do that?

What is the procedure now to go for 176 visa while we are holding another visa 475?

When we have to surrender our 475 visa? After 176 visa finalize or before?

If anyone have any such experience please share...

I have very limited time in hand, case if I got for new application I have to finalize all with in this June'12 before the new rules come.

Thanks in Advance...

Dear All,

I have started my immigration process in Dec 2010. But due to change in immi rules in jun'11 I can't apply for 176 visa. My agent told me that no problem you can apply as 475 visa which is TR for 03 years and a path way to PR. As I had no other options then, I went for 475 visa. We have received our 475 visa stamp on passport in DEC'11.

Now I found my experience[ when I have applied for 475 then I had Experience of 7 years and few months, now in March'12 I will have 08 years of experience] now make me quilify for 176 visa, which is PR visa!!!

We don't yet arrive in Australia using 475 visa and our first entry date is given within NOv'12. Now my question is if I log a new and fresh application for 176 ? Can I do that?

What is the procedure now to go for 176 visa while we are holding another visa 475?

When we have to surrender our 475 visa? After 176 visa finalize or before?

If anyone have any such experience please share...

I have very limited time in hand, case if I got for new application I have to finalize all with in this June'12 before the new rules come.

Thanks in Advance...

Hi Asad

Do I know you from anothe forum? A young man who is/was in Melbourne doing something to do with the automotive industry? Maybe you are not the same Asad, though.

Yes, you can apply for a sc 176 visa straightaway if you want to. Once it is granted it will replace your sc 475 visa but the sc 475 will remain 100% valid until the sc 176 is granted.

The only caveat is that if you are going to apply for a sc 176 then the application MUST be lodged with DIAC prior to the end of June 2012. MUST - because the whole system of GSM visas will change completely on 1st July 2012.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/176/

So the $64K question is who would sponsor you for a sc 176 visa? Time is getting short to secure State sponsorship though if your current sc 475 is State sponsored then the currently sponsoring State might wish to try to help you again. Otherwise, do you have an eligible Family sponsor lined up, please?

Cheers

Gill

Thanks a lot Gollywobbler for your very informative reply.

No I don't have any relative to sponsor me. I am planning to take 176 State sponsorship from another state cause already all nominated occupation of SA become closed from this year. If I get state sponsorship from other state hope I will be able to submit my new 176 application to DIAC before July 2012.

No I am not the same Asad whom met before. I will be very glad to be in touch with you.

Thanks again..

Guest theworm

176 can longer longer time for you i guess, i am stuck since Sep 2011

Dear All,

In response to the above query one of my friend receive the below answer from his CO.

I think the answer is clear and will help many poms:

Dear Client,

Thankyou for you email in relation to your application under Australia's General Skilled Migration Programme.

If you meet all the criteria that deems you eligable to apply for visa 175 or 176 there are no restrictions preventing you from applying.

The lodgement of the new visa wont cancel your existing granted visa, however if sucessfully granted the new visa will override the 475.

Yours Sincerely,

XXXXXXXX