Leeds1877

Labrador dog and renting

Hi- we love our black lab she is 2 1/2 years old and we are undecided on taking her.

Really due to climate and that she will be tying but she is part of family ....

How difficult is it to secure a rental with a dog?

Hi- we love our black lab she is 2 1/2 years old and we are undecided on taking her.

Really due to climate and that she will be tying but she is part of family ....

How difficult is it to secure a rental with a dog?

I'm going to split this and give it a thread of its own as its tacked on the end of an older one.

FWIW, plenty of people have secured rentals with a dog. Some paid a bigger bond or some such. You can read other threads on here also where people discuss.

Hello,

I have just arrived and have 2 GSP's, about the same size as your lab. I have seen 2 properties, one of which I'm taking and the dogs are no problem. The first house tried to charge an extra $15 per week, which wasnt a problem but I was undecided on the house so I said no, the agent called me back and said she had spoken to the owner and he wouldn't charge me the extra :wink:, but I'd changed my mind by then anyway.

So no don't worry too much, I did and it wasn't worth the stress. My dogs fly out the end of the month, closely followed by hubby and then we'll all be together at the end of April after their quarantine.

Sharon