ITV local news

Guest weesp

Watching the news on ITV yesterday to see a report on Adelaide some guy was trying to persuade people living in Staines to move to Adelaide, saying why would you want to live in Staines when you can live in Adelaide with lifestyle etc. Some other guy, can't remember his name, was slagging Adelaide off saying why would aybody want to live in Adelaide, it's got a major drought, NO transport system and you have to share the power supply with your neighbours, one day we have it the other day they have it. I've never been to Adelaide so was a bit shocked as this guy had lived their for 16 years, Can anybody tell me if any of these allegations are true as I've not heard anybody else moan about this.:unsure:

Guest Guest75

Yeah - we only got electric last year;)

Drought - yup,there are some pretty tough restrictions.There is chance of a desalination plant but it will only take the edge off it.

Transport system - seems to work OK.The trains get a bit crammed coming down south I hear but don't they all at rush hour.I'd rather be squished up against a window looking out at Australia!!

Sharing electric?????????????....Only when your neighbour is trying to run a hydroponic Cannabis farm and has tapped into your fuse box!!:biglaugh:

Sharing electric?????????????....Only when your neighbour is trying to run a hydroponic Cannabis farm and has tapped into your fuse box!!:biglaugh:

You have electric? well thats a bonus!!:jiggy:

Still after watching england lose at rugby and sitting here watching some over paid morons kicking a bag of air round calling it football :SLEEP:(even though with 10mins to go 2-1 to england!) sod the electric and shared toilets it will be great to see some good and committed sports teams:biglaugh:

Guest Guest75

On the subject of saving water............ The saying "If it's yellow - let it mellow,if it's brown -flush it down"

Does anyone use that saying to save water??

I can't bring myself to do it!

I know some here do.

watching some over paid morons kicking a bag of air round calling it football :SLEEP:(even though with 10mins to go 2-1 to england!)

Technically speaking that was the best game I've seen England play for years. Apart from a few characters (mainly at the back) that shouldn't be allowed to don the shirt the boys did good. It wasn't a great spectacle to watch but goodbye to the predictable long ball. I wouldn't expect a Spurs fan to appreciate this so you are forgiven. :P:biglaugh:

Pete

Hi Weesp! Don't worry, this is the result of an advertising campaign run by South Australia to attract more migrants to Adelaide. We had an email from them this morning telling us about the campaign (don't know why they're telling us when we're already here..) and I think the guy moaning about the drought and the electricity was the mayor of Staines who objected to the the advertising slogan "Screw Working in Staines"! We honestly do have electricty 24/7 here - well, we do if there's a b in the month anyway....:biglaugh: