chrisfen46

7 weeks in

Well we have been here now for 7 weeks , arrived here on the 14th jan 2012, spent a 5 days at woodcroft holiday park which was great , and inexpensive... moved into our long term rental 19th jan same day as our belongings so it worked out for us just right... bought a car furniture all off gumtree got some great deals off there. applied for dont know how many jobs lost count, anyway retook my hgv licence , just went for the Medium Rigid Licence which secured me a job with Active Tree Services, as a Driver/Chipper opertator. Just finished my first week there and loving it, going away with them on the 12th march for 6 weeks to whyalla so plenty of overtime lol, this has come in handy as the money does go at an alarming rate .. we only came here with $10,000 and that has gone !!!but we managed did get a liitle scarey must admit, but been lucky as everything has fallen into place . Nicol is Going to do Mobile Hairdressing, she did go for a few interviews , but think the fact we have 2 small boys seemed to be more of an issue for them not us. We are living at seaford meadows nice area ,met some really nice people some poms and some really friendly aussies, who we met at seaford rise Kindy which is where the boys go every friday lunch time , I have met some great lads at work very friendly bit of friendly banter , they did ask me if i had bought the ashes with me as they want them back..Any way to all that a re coming here its great we love it its worth the worry and stress in the end , I was the one stressing more than nicol and that was about the money and work. It was a great news when i got the job , its something i have not done before, and i think that is the key be prepared to take on something different its never to late i work outdoors and am going to get to work all over south aus and get paid for doing so... Good luck to everyone making the move .. its a fantastic place to be ... LOVING IT .... Chris & Nicol and the Boys:cool::cool::cool::cool:

Guest teamV

Hi ,am glad it's going well for you ,it all sound's really exciting,What with a new career and working away from home ,it all sounds great.

How intence was the driving test and what can you drive with a medium rigid licence.

Kev.

Hi ,am glad it's going well for you ,it all sound's really exciting,What with a new career and working away from home ,it all sounds great.

How intence was the driving test and what can you drive with a medium rigid licence.

Kev.

Hi Kev Medium Rigid lets me drive any 2 axle truck , if you do HR you have a choice of restricted which is on syncromesh gears or unrestricted which is done on roadrangers.. medium rigid was easy did it in one day lessons in morning and then test in afternoon, ADELAIDE TRUCK TRAINING CENTRE , they where cheapest and i would recomend them .. I just did medium rigid as thats all i needed to work for active it saved me some money , it only cost me $850..It depends on what type of work you want really. If i can help in any other way just let me know.. Active are still looking for chipper drivers they have a shortage..

Guest Jennet
    Hi Kev Medium Rigid lets me drive any 2 axle truck , if you do HR you have a choice of restricted which is on syncromesh gears or unrestricted which is done on roadrangers.. medium rigid was easy did it in one day lessons in morning and then test in afternoon, ADELAIDE TRUCK TRAINING CENTRE , they where cheapest and i would recomend them .. I just did medium rigid as thats all i needed to work for active it saved me some money , it only cost me $850..It depends on what type of work you want really. If i can help in any other way just let me know.. Active are still looking for chipper drivers they have a shortage..

Hi we will be moving on the 3rd July and staying in Seaford to start with, my husband has his HGV class 1 i think, do you have to the test again if you have already passed and will they be work in July for him, not that you will actually be 100% sure,.

do they have a web site

thanks

Hi we will be moving on the 3rd July and staying in Seaford to start with, my husband has his HGV class 1 i think, do you have to the test again if you have already passed and will they be work in July for him, not that you will actually be 100% sure,.

do they have a web site

thanks

Hi there yes your husband will have to do a retest, you dont have to do a theory test. and i would book it as soon as you can as i had to wait 5 weeks , you can do this from the uk, i would recommend Adelaide Truck Training as they where the cheapest, bit of a drive as they are up north but worth it..There are plenty of driving jobs just depends on what work he wants .Active Tree Services have a web site and you can forward a cv to them..Where abouts in seaford are you moving to we are in seaford meadows about 2 min drive from beach , you will love it .. if you need any help with anything let us know and if we can help we will,,

Guest Jennet
    Hi there yes your husband will have to do a retest, you dont have to do a theory test. and i would book it as soon as you can as i had to wait 5 weeks , you can do this from the uk, i would recommend Adelaide Truck Training as they where the cheapest, bit of a drive as they are up north but worth it..There are plenty of driving jobs just depends on what work he wants .Active Tree Services have a web site and you can forward a cv to them..Where abouts in seaford are you moving to we are in seaford meadows about 2 min drive from beach , you will love it .. if you need any help with anything let us know and if we can help we will,,

Hi

thanks for the information much appreciated, we will look into his HGV and send his CV to them, he is an Australian citizen born in Perth and lived there for 10 years, his parents were the 10 pound poms. we will be staying with my friends on Grand Boulevard Seaford Rise, i am hoping to get my youngest in Moana school do you know anything about it as it is now, my friends daughters went there and when we visited in 2002 mine went there for a visit they were so friendly, they let my daughter attend the school when she wanted too as she was 5 at the time. she may go to Willunga high as her friend goes there.

thanks for your help