Guest skyblue

475 to permanent visa

Guest skyblue

Hi,

Working up to applying for permanent visa, from 475. I've read that you have to leave the country to then re-enter Australia to "collect" the visa. Can anyone tell me if there's a time frame for doing this? For example, once the permanent visa is granted do you have a set number of days to collect the permanent visa or is it valid indefinitely?

Also, anyone who's recently been granted a permanent visa- what your processing time? Keen to know!

Thanks, and apologies if this has been discussed before!

Skyblue :biggrin:

We went from a 475 to Permanent and did not have to leave the country, this may have been because we were sponsored I am not sure. Our visa came through within a week which was pretty amazing I must admit. Good luck with it all.:biggrin:

Guest skyblue

Hi McGintoyOz and jim and adel, thanks for your replies. Most helpful!

Skyblue :-)

Guest vixpinkbabe

Hi Skyblue,

We can apply on Anzac Day. I thought i had it all under control, then my boyfriend mentioned Form 80, and apparently "police checks are required for every country you have lived in within the last 10 years", hmmm, this may take longer than I thought. When can you apply? I'm so excited and looking forward to the security :) :) :)

Good luck, Vicky xxx