Sign in to follow this  
Guest penno360

Guest penno360

Hi to all, I have just registered to poms in adelaide.

Just to put you in the picture.

I am married with 2 children, we decided to emigrate to adelaide back in sept 07 so we aproched a agency to acked for us, we sent skill assesment off 16th nov 07.

Got result back 20th dec 07 passed.

filled out and sent off visa application to agency 28th jan 08.

agency sent visa application off online to oz 5th feb 08 and said it was lodged.

Few now thats over with I have a question:-

Where is the best place to live in adelaide pls, we have been looking at port adelaide, golden grove, aldingo, and any where in the north west. our criteria is that we need a good school for our kids, there age is 7 and 4, also would like to be near beach but not right on top of it and also near to industry as i am welder/fabricator or boilermaker as the skill assesment says.

If anyone has any more info they would like to share would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Ohh ps the agency said to us that there is a meet n greet in adelaide is this true?

welcome to PIA, good luck with the application.

Will be hard to get a comment on areas as everyone will have different opinions. We will be moving to north of Adelaide, we heard so many stories about what was good and what was bad. When we went on our reccie last Aug we were vey pleased where we will be. We just wanted somewhere to start and be close to where hopefully work will be.

Yes they do a meet and greet service when you first arrive. someone who has used or researched will soon let you know more details

Guest Django

Hi penno,

As for the best place to live??:skeptical: This is very much personal opinion and therefore only you can say. As for schools?? Again this is for you to say. The answer is research. We have found Google a real help. You can ask 2 people whats best and worst. 1 will say place y and school x are fabby, the other will say school x is full of 'oiks and bad' and suburb y is a deffo no no.

As for meet and greet yes there is.

If you use the search tool on this site you will get loads of opinions of schools and suburbs and you can try and get a balanced idea.

Pete

Guest mOZzy

can't help with the areas either and my kids are not old enough for school just yet!

from online research we like the north east - and that'll probably be where oh's work will be ... but we can only decide once actually there. so we'll start out with a short term rental and do lots of driving and asking around ....

just wanted to say 'hello and welcome' :cute:

and don't forget about www.adelaidebound.com