Guest MrsHills

Babysitter charges?

Guest MrsHills

How much should a 17yr old charge for babysitting one child for four hours?

I wouldn't pay more than $10-12 an hour. I am assuming they have zero qualifications in childcare? I would certainly offer a lift home too if they needed one.

Really $40 .... i only pay mine $25 !!!

Can I have their name??? :wink:

I was looking for a babysitter recently and had one girl that wanted $25 an hour!!!! Needless to say we haven't been out yet.

Guest MrsHills

EEk! thank you for your replies - maybe if she offers to do some ironing as well $50 would cover it! ha ha ha!

Our older babysitter charges $15 an hour (she is a nanny)....this weekend we are going out and have had to find someone else cos shes busy so we have a 17yr old doing it and her mum has said $5 an hour but i feel abit cheap doing that so i thought $50 for 5/6 hours would be a fair price.....

Hope that helps

Jo

I know a girl that lives in christies beach that wants to do some baby sitting she is 14 and is used to kids as she has a 3 year old sister and plays with mine when we meet up .. i'll ask her mum to post on here if you like ... think she only wants $25-$30 but you will have to make sure she gets home ok !!

Guest smit
    I know a girl that lives in christies beach that wants to do some baby sitting she is 14 and is used to kids as she has a 3 year old sister and plays with mine when we meet up .. i'll ask her mum to post on here if you like ... think she only wants $25-$30 but you will have to make sure she gets home ok !!
    And I wouldnt use a taxi late night for 14 yr old either!

Has anyone thought of starting a babysitting circle between the Mums/families on here? You don't get paid, but its sort of a return the favour thing, even if its not with the person who babysat for you or you for them. Some groups use a token set up also.

Can also be a way to meet others and break a bit of ice

I can dig up some more info on how they work if anyone is interested and start a thread on it all. Let me know, be happy to help with the logistics.

Has anyone thought of starting a babysitting circle between the Mums/families on here? You don't get paid, but its sort of a return the favour thing, even if its not with the person who babysat for you or you for them. Some groups use a token set up also.

Can also be a way to meet others and break a bit of ice

I can dig up some more info on how they work if anyone is interested and start a thread on it all. Let me know, be happy to help with the logistics.

Great minds think alike. We are in talks!!!!

Great minds think alike. We are in talks!!!!

:biggrin:

Its easy to set up and hopefully even if people have to drive a little ways to babysit, because its a return the favour sort of thing it all evens out in the end. I realise many on here would like to 'know' the person babysitting for them so if its all done via the forum or something it could be good.

Might be worth starting a Group? Babysitting Circle or some such and all the stuff for it can go there? And a thread on the forum to help people learn about it.

If you choose to take it off forum, fair enough. Can't do anything else :)

I set up a Group if anyone is interested in a babysitting circle. I'm not moderating it or anything like that. Its public. I'm happy to help out if anyone needs anything explained or trying to work logistics.

http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/groups/babysitting-circle.html

If people don't want to use it, fair enough (I can always get it deleted if its not of use).

Cheers

Hi

My daughter is 17 and usually gets paid around $10+ an hour. She drives so can make her own way home so if anyone is looking for a babysitter please pm me.

Tracey