Adelaide bound 196 days and counting

Guest Paula H

Guest Paula H

142 days till I can hand in my notice at work

191 days til I get married

196 days til we fly to oz to start a new chapter in our lives :biggrin::biggrin:

Am a little bit excited xx

Thank you. You been there 6-7 months? How you getting on?

By far the best thing we ever did. It's not perfect here, and at times it is hard missing friends and family. But as for quality of life, healthy outdoor living etc... it's fantastic. This site is a great help. We have our home, some of our friends and have had lots of helpful advise through PIA.

Guest chooklady

Hi Paula - I remember doing exactly the same thing!! it felt like it was never going to happen!!!

Wishing you all the best...this site is very helpful so I'm glad you've found it!

Guest Helchops
Cannock seems like a lifetime ago already to us. Absorb everything you can of it before you leave.

All the very best

Paul

The only thing I'll miss is the wonderful walks (but we're moving by the beach so that's ok) and the new life centre - Pair of Levi Jeans for £2.99!!

Other than that, cannock's not exactly the culture capital. I'll miss Birmingham for its theatre and symphony hall and the village of Alton for some wonderful friends and free Alton Towers tickets!!

Guest Helchops
116 for us, I've got a countdown app on my phone with similar gadget on both work and home PC.

Just counted and I've only got 97 days left at work.

Good luck on the wedding. A new life in oz, that's some honeymoon.

I too have the app! My partner finishes work just three days before we go to London! Crazy!

Guest Jennet
142 days till I can hand in my notice at work

191 days til I get married

196 days til we fly to oz to start a new chapter in our lives :biggrin::biggrin:

Am a little bit excited xx

blimey what a busy 2012 for you, then you will start your married life in OZ how exciting, good luck

jennet

Guest Paula H
I too have the app! My partner finishes work just three days before we go to London! Crazy!

I too have the countdown calender on my Iphone:

141 days til i hand my notice in at work

190 days til i get married and have our leaving party (combining it)

195 days til we start our new chapter of our lives :))))

Guest beckeithking
I too have the countdown calender on my Iphone:

141 days til i hand my notice in at work

190 days til i get married and have our leaving party (combining it)

195 days til we start our new chapter of our lives :))))

Good luck with it all, I can't wait til I can have a countdown!!!! Still hoping to be there by xmas. Bec XX

Guest misschatter

Wow so many people are making the move to Adelaide me and my partner had our visa granted Jan 24th and are going to be in Adelaide around October, i cant wait. Good luck to everyone else and Paula and partner for your wedding I know how excited you must be, I have recently got engaged so very excited too. So much to look forward too. Hope to one day see you all in Adelaide.

Guest Paula H

We had our visa granted on the 5th December and completed on our house on the 3rd January. We've moved in to my parents to save ready for the move and we are really looking forward to starting our new lives. Although our parents don't share the same excitement xx

Guest beckeithking
What's your timeline Bec?

Hi Paula,

As we are doing the spouse visa thing - I have no idea!! I have been told anything from 3 to 9 months!! At this stage I would just like to hear they have everything they need and it is being processed. I have been told that once we hear about the medical it will be only a matter of a few weeks to a month.

So basically!!!! ......hoping to have visa by July/August and in Adelaide by Dec or Jan depending if we can sell the house.

I am getting so excited and starting to sort out as much as I can now so not rushing in a few months.

I just like the idea of the app for my new iphone!!! Sad I know. But I guess visa went in at beginning of Feb, so 172 days til end of August and 90 til Dec!! Sounds like a long time - guess it will go quickly.

Hows your plans coming along? Can I ask Why Adelaide?

Bec xx

Hi Paula,

I have just counted the days and it is 49 until we go!!! I'm getting very nervous now! I know how you feel with your parents mine are terrible about it still, the only time they talk about it is to interogate me. My boyfriends parents are the complete opposite really excited about the whole thing for us.

Anyway we have to think about ourselves and we can't wait!! Although i don't know where we are stopping at the moment! We are having a couple of weeks in Thailand before we get there to chill out. Do you know where you are stopping when you first arrive?

Emma

Guest Jennet

same here i finish work on the Friday and we out the following Tuesday

Guest Paula H
Hi Paula,

As we are doing the spouse visa thing - I have no idea!! I have been told anything from 3 to 9 months!! At this stage I would just like to hear they have everything they need and it is being processed. I have been told that once we hear about the medical it will be only a matter of a few weeks to a month.

So basically!!!! ......hoping to have visa by July/August and in Adelaide by Dec or Jan depending if we can sell the house.

I am getting so excited and starting to sort out as much as I can now so not rushing in a few months.

I just like the idea of the app for my new iphone!!! Sad I know. But I guess visa went in at beginning of Feb, so 172 days til end of August and 90 til Dec!! Sounds like a long time - guess it will go quickly.

Hows your plans coming along? Can I ask Why Adelaide?

Bec xx

Well good luck to u with your visa

We chose Adelaide because of the climate, the fact that it is not as large as the other cities, that Adelaide has a chilled and laid back lifestyle.... The rest is for us to discover. Can't wait x

Guest Paula H
Hi Paula,

I have just counted the days and it is 49 until we go!!! I'm getting very nervous now! I know how you feel with your parents mine are terrible about it still, the only time they talk about it is to interogate me. My boyfriends parents are the complete opposite really excited about the whole thing for us.

Anyway we have to think about ourselves and we can't wait!! Although i don't know where we are stopping at the moment! We are having a couple of weeks in Thailand before we get there to chill out. Do you know where you are stopping when you first arrive?

Emma

Hi Emma,

I have been researching some areas and we like a couple of places north & a couple south so will see once we have had a drive around when we get there.

My OHs parents are very anti us going but my mum and dad, although sad are all for us going

Good luck xx

Guest Helchops

Do the days go faster or slower the closer your get? It seemed quite quick initially, but I feel like we're in the l

'lull' phase at the moment - waiting for something to happen with the house, not being able to pack stuff yet etc...does it get quicker again?!