JimandBarbinAus

How much per week?

Hi, Im trying to gauge how much utility household bills are likely to be on a weekly basis? Namely water, electric, gas, and how much families spend on food per week? Just wondering a rough idea? :)

Guest ebstar

Its a bit hard to answer without a few more details - size of property and where you would like to rent/buy,no of people in your household etc. There was a thread on here the other day with a usefull spreadsheet that may be of help. I can't find it but i'm sure someone will know where it is and add it for you.

Its impossible to say as it all depends on usage. In our house there's 2 of us and we only have electric and water as no gas. We spend $1000 a year on bills so just under $20 a week. I've read others on here that pay $500 a quarter just for electricity.

Guest wijaya

Hi

These are our spending. 4 people,2 adults, 2 children (15 and 11 years).

Electricity: this summer, AC was on for several days because of hot weather.. 3 months bill $ 415. previous bill $150.

Gas: consistently around $ 115.

Water: can't remember but you pay yearly with sewage?

food: we spend around 250 a week, with mostly spend the money in woolworths, and always looking for special offers. never buy full price bread..

regards