Guest brookesy

Anybody lived in rosetrevor

Guest brookesy

Hi all moving over to adelaide in early 2013 has anbody lived or know of anbody who has lived in Rosetrevor area, I liked the parks and hills when we came over to validate our visa.

Any info would be most helpful.

Cheers

Brookesy

hi Brooksey,

I dont live in Rostrevor, but close to it..................good choice for families, easy bus ride to the city, and good shopping centres.

There are several good schools in the Eastern Burbs, norwood Morialta high school, Rostrevor College (private, excellent rep all boys), Maghill Primary,Lorretto girls (private), Pembroke (private) to name a few.........

Large italian community and some asian.....chinese mostly.

housing stock can be variable, mostly good, some price variance too best place to look is realestate.com.au, or domain.

I think it falls in the city of Campbelltown district council, and they have a website you can look at........

hope that helps.

Jane

Guest wijaya

Hi

we live in Campbelltown suburb, just next to Rostrevor. Rostrevor is a nice suburb, as many of the eastern sides. Compare to more expensive suburbs like Wattle Park, Erindale, Leaborook, Skye, Audana, Rosslyn Park, Rostrevor is more affordable. I think the median price is around 450-500. There is Norwood Morialta Conservation Park. As other mentione, several good school nearby, both private and public. Lots of shopping alternatives in both Newton Village (Centro Newton and Cole and Woolworths in Newton Village) and Firle Plaza. Overall, nice area and middle classy I said.

Guest DaveF

We are moving in August and Rostrevor is high on our list of preferred suburbs, along with Magill. Reasons:

Not too far from the city

Good state schools nearby incl Stradbroke Primary, Magill primary, Norwood Morialta high.

A bit greener than many other parts of Adelaide, especially for the price of houses.

Family reasons. I grew up in Firle and my mum still lives nearby, so I know what the area is like. If I had twice the money, or the exchange rate was where it used to be I might be looking at Burnside or Kensington Gardens, but they cost a fortune. Rostrevor gets you near and allows you to experience some of the benefits without paying such a huge price.

ps some of my fondest memories from childhood are going to the Burnside pool (in hazelwood park I think). It's beautiful.

Hope this helps.

Friends of ours have lived in Rostrevor for years. They were recently looking at downsizing now the kids have grown up but don't want to move more than a few streets away from where they currently live because they like it so much. Very green and some great hills views around there.

Jim

Guest brookesy

Many thanks to you all for your information,this will help in our decsion when we get over there. My wife will be based around glenside so this area and the surrounding surburbs you all mentioned sound ideal.

Cu all very soon.

Brookesy

hi we moved over here in september 2011 and moved to the magill which is the next suburb down from rostrevor... as someone has already said the eastern side seems to be full of italians and greeks... but all in all its a nice part of the city but real estate prices and be expensive all over the eastern suburbs side.. our children got to both Magill primary, Norwood Morialta high and cannot fault them to be fair.. if you need anymore info drop us a line will only be to happy to help and maybe have a few more poms in the eastern side... good luck with the move... tracey..