Skittle

English Sweets

Some of you may have already discovered this small treasure trove in Hallett Cove Foodland:biggrin: They have a whole section of English sweets at very reasonable prices (not like the inflated prices at most of the "English sweet shops").

For example :-

Yorkie $1.19

Caramac $0.99

Midget Gems $2.19

They also have Rowntrees Fruit pastilles, Werthers Original, Wine gums, Polos, Blackcurrant liquorish boiled sweets and many more.

Enjoy!

I love British Sweeties.However it has come to my attention that the Aussies can also excel in this field!:smile: Pascals wine gums,Jubes,Jelly Beans etc are Heaven!Arnotts Biccies really are the best!:notworthy:Coles Belgian Milk Choccie is delicious,and many of the crisps are superb also!....Could,nt half do with a Galaxy though!:swoon:Only 48 hrs to wait!:wink:

Get me a ripple nicer than Galaxy IMHO...lol

I love British Sweeties.However it has come to my attention that the Aussies can also excel in this field!:smile: Pascals wine gums,Jubes,Jelly Beans etc are Heaven!Arnotts Biccies really are the best!:notworthy:Coles Belgian Milk Choccie is delicious,and many of the crisps are superb also!....Could,nt half do with a Galaxy though!:swoon:Only 48 hrs to wait!:wink:

Yeah saw these to....did buy a yorkie!! First one in 4 years!!! After i walked past the 'british sweet shop' at Hallett Cove Centre...they were still $3.50!!!!

Lol Ripple is exactly the same kind of chocolate as Galaxy, just different shaped.

Its the way its put together not a solid bar of choc as the name says RIPPLE I know its the same choc

No, unfortunately no Minstrels as yet...............................if they are added to the stocks I will let you know

The Woolworths in Marion have (or did the other day :smile:) Minstrels. I think I paid $4.50 for a medium sized bag?

They had other UK lollies too, including Double Deckers, pastilles, wine gums, Penguin bars...and possibly, just possibly, some kind of green, minty sauce lol!

The prices all seemed pretty much the same as what you would expect to pay for ordinary lollies.

And FWIW, I don't care if the chocolate/lollies etc come from the UK, Australia or Venus; if I like the taste I'll buy them!

Little, Fat, Lazy Cow:cool:

The Woolworths in Marion have (or did the other day :smile:) Minstrels. I think I paid $4.50 for a medium sized bag?

I'll have a look tomorrow!

Guest Guest75

They had other UK lollies too, including Double Deckers, pastilles, wine gums, Penguin bars...and possibly, just possibly, some kind of green, minty sauce lol!

The prices all seemed pretty much the same as what you would expect to pay for ordinary lollies.

And FWIW, I don't care if the chocolate/lollies etc come from the UK, Australia or Venus; if I like the taste I'll buy them!

Aww get over it Beastly Bovine, try some Aussie stuff!!