Guest hellsb

Visa Dilemma

Guest hellsb

I am wondering if anyone has some good advice for this dilemma....My partner and I met in Sept 2009. In the following year my partner was offered a job in Adelaide on a 457 visa. Because we had not been together long enough,he went in May 2010 on his own whilst keeping in contact via e-mails and skype etc. During this time I planned my route to Adelaide. I took the IELTS,obtained my nurse registration and got a job on my own 457 visa. Also having to sort out my two children from a previous relationship(i.e getting signed permission from their biological father) Therefore one year later in May 2011 we all got together in Adelaide.

This month I am able to apply for permanent residency via an 856 sponsored visa which ties me to the hospital I work at for 3 years.However my partners job is at risk and we need to know whether he can be added either to my 457 initially and/or consequently to my 856 and how long this could all take?

I am wondering if anyone has some good advice for this dilemma....My partner and I met in Sept 2009. In the following year my partner was offered a job in Adelaide on a 457 visa. Because we had not been together long enough,he went in May 2010 on his own whilst keeping in contact via e-mails and skype etc. During this time I planned my route to Adelaide. I took the IELTS,obtained my nurse registration and got a job on my own 457 visa. Also having to sort out my two children from a previous relationship(i.e getting signed permission from their biological father) Therefore one year later in May 2011 we all got together in Adelaide.

This month I am able to apply for permanent residency via an 856 sponsored visa which ties me to the hospital I work at for 3 years.However my partners job is at risk and we need to know whether he can be added either to my 457 initially and/or consequently to my 856 and how long this could all take?

Hi Hellsb

The question you seem to be asking is whether or not DIAC would be likely to accept that you and your OH would be able to satisfy the 12 month relationship requirement if you were to try to add him to your own sc 457 visa or to your application for an sc 856 visa?

http://www.immi.gov.au/media/fact-sheets/35relationship.htm

If I'm right about the question, the answer depends on the exact facts!

I am not sure whether OH could be added to your existing sc 457 visa because that has already been granted. However I think it would be sensible to include him in your application for the sc 856.

Adding OH to your sc 856 application takes as long as it takes to get the relevant documents ready and lodged with DIAC. It is impossible to be more specific about that unless one is involved oneself.

Tell you what! Why not give Dave Brooking a ring?

https://www.mara.gov.au/agent/ARDetails.aspx?ud=5751&BackToSearch=True&FolderID=394

Dave wouldn't charge for a chat on the phone and he is helpfulness personified.

Cheers

Gill

Guest hellsb

Hi Gill

Thank you for your reply it was very helpful. Hence I have lodged the 856 visa with my partner as a dependent!

Thanks again!

Helen