Sign in to follow this  
Guest Watkinsfamily

Moving Soon

Guest Watkinsfamily

Hi all,

We have just been granted our 176 visas so after 10 long years we are finally beginning to believe we will soon be living in South Australia!

We are from the UK but have spent the past 5 years in the UAE and will be relocating from there. Anyone with details of good removal companies and pet transportation from Abu Dhabi or Dubai would be helpful.

Coming for a look around and to activate our visas in August this year (for around a month) then hope to move for good in July 2013.

A friend has just introduced me to this forum and I think I will be using it a lot!

Many thanks in advance for any advice. I am a primary school teacher and need to register and take the required courses in 1st aid etc so again info on this along with applying for full time, part time, cover or contract positions gratefully received.

X

Hello and welcome to PIA :)

You'll be there about the same time as us by the sounds of it. We may be out a bit before then but we are not set on a specific date (yet).

No clue about pet shipping from Dubai but I do know over on PIO out sister site, a few people live out there and are migrating. They might have some input for you. Or try an online search for pet shipping companies. I'm not sure how long your dog would have to spend in quarantine either. UAE info for dog imports is here.

http://www.daff.gov.au/aqis/cat-dogs/cat4?name=the%20United%20Arab%20Emirates

You need to do some tests at least 6 months in advance for shipping from the UK (rabies) and I'd think its probable the same will apply for the UAE.

If there is anything else I find or can think of I'll post back here :) See you round the forum.

Guest Watkinsfamily

Thank you for the reply. It is actually 2 cats we have to ship over - we lost our beautiful dog to cancer in 2009. BUT as soon as we are settled in Australia we will be looking for another dog - pref. a Newfoundland as I don't think we could have another Bernese due to our last one being so special and we would always compare! Anyway, thank you again for your info I will look into it further. Best wishes good luck with the move. X