Guest devon67


    Recommended Posts

    Guest devon67


    just a little question and need some advice

    im piggy backing on my wifes 175 visa application, so i havent needed to get my own qualifications assessed

    BUT i know ill need to do it when i get there


    i know of vetessas and the welfare unions, but they dont seem to know either

    BUT how do i go about it and with whom do i get them assessed by?


    i am a professionally qualified youth worker with a PG dip & degree, and all the other necessary training with it


    any help would be great


    Share this post

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Guest jplaysguitar

    Hi Devon,


    Go to and type in your job title to search. I searched "Youth Worker" (ANZSCO code 411716) and found this page:, which confirms the correct assessment authority is Vocational Education and Training Assessment Services (VETASSESS). Their website is


    Looking at their site (, they've suspended applications until 01/07/12, to ensure they complete their backlog before the new SOL/ENSOL lists are published for the forthcoming year. According to this page, youth worker is a group C occupation.


    I reckon that's enough fodder for you to get to the correct application forms & associated costs.


    Good luck,



    Share this post

    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now