footies back

Guest Guest5035

Guest Guest5035

So the footies back, whos going to get the bragging rights this year the Crows or the Port. For those that don't know footie its a tough game, not like the fairies that play soccer..

:wink:

:biggrin:Stevo

stevo

Whats that soccer thing your talking about most people play real football The WORLD GAME not that game where they don't know if they play with there hands or kick it with there feet.

So the footies back, whos going to get the bragging rights this year the Crows or the Port. For those that don't know footie its a tough game, not like the fairies that play soccer..

:wink:

:biggrin:Stevo

stevo

Guest Guest5035

after the bozo that coached them early last year they'll improve heaps, top eight, not sure, the port, bottom eight, Primus is not a coach..

Stevo

Guest Guest5035
Whats that soccer thing your talking about most people play real football The WORLD GAME not that game where they don't know if they play with there hands or kick it with there feet.

many years ago i used to follow the soccer, yes its a skillfull game, but far too many fairies and cheats in the game these days. Footie is a tough honest game with a bit of biffo in it.

stevo

I cant follow it. they just seem to run about in circles.I watched it loads Iv been quite a few times but there just not the same Passion in the game and lacks atmosphere there does not seem to be any in the grounds either. Maybe I have been spoilt with the atmosphere of the football grounds.

GO THE CROWS!!!!!! An awesome pre season and a full list of uninjured players to choose from!!!

Good luck to the Crows, but more for the Mighty GCS!!!

I wish they'd split it into two leagues and they did finals similar to now, but across leagues. I really think the interest would be massive. Who is in either league could be open to change but at least they could play all in that league as opposed to now when they don't.

Cooler,

Cooler

I cant follow it. they just seem to run about in circles.I watched it loads Iv been quite a few times but there just not the same Passion in the game and lacks atmosphere there does not seem to be any in the grounds either. Maybe I have been spoilt with the atmosphere of the football grounds.
I agree. AFL players, yes athletic and tough. we get it, its a tough sport. doesnt make it a good game to watch. :biggrin:Theres a reason proper footie is the world game and will always be so (fairies or not ). Ill still go along and watch Crows for the novelty factor, but thats about it.

Have they got enough teams to split in into two leagues?? Got to admit its a bit of a joke they bring in new rules every year the last in the league get the best picks to try and make them better and Its quite boaring.

Good luck to the Crows, but more for the Mighty GCS!!!

I wish they'd split it into two leagues and they did finals similar to now, but across leagues. I really think the interest would be massive. Who is in either league could be open to change but at least they could play all in that league as opposed to now when they don't.

Cooler,

Cooler

For a tough, confrontational game I still prefer rugby union (and am still mourning the loss of our Sevens to the damn Gold Coast - grrrrrrr!) but 'soccer' (apparently the epithet derived from it being also known as 'Association Football') is a different viewing experience altogether, and should be appreciated for its skills separately from the aussie kick 'n' catch game. Having said that though, I'll still support whichever south aussie 'football' team is playing against any of those silly Victorians (or NSWelshmen!)...

Also, after nearly eight years here I still can't get to grips with that damn 'footy tipping' lark - wtf????!!!!!

Edited by Diane
self-policing - removing apostrophe!

Guest Guest5035

great game last night hawthorn and collingwood, not one injury actor on the pitch..

stevo

ps melbourne to win tonight...

Edited by Guest5035

..and what is it with counting the number of "disposals" each player gets? You don't see football or rugby matches reported as "X player touched the ball y times"!!! Wierd.....

Yes you do, Rugby breaks down all aspects of the game ie carries each player does tackles, yards gained, pass % kick % and on an on...exactly the same :)

Guest Guest5035

The ABC don't know anything about footie, Ch 7/10 are the ones, Dennis Cometti is the best commentator. The stats are more or less in every sport these days, can be boring a bit though.

Stevo

It's just that when I listen to the previous day's results on my shower radio in the morning, they give the scores from tennis games, golf tournaments, rugby matches, the scores in football (soccer if you wish) matches, and maybe the goal scorer, or the try scorer, then they give the footie scores and will mention anyone that scored a few times maybe, but also mention others in the team who had lots of 'disposals' - seems a bit wierd to me! Closest thing I guess is Basketball where occasionally they will mention someone who had lots of 'rebounds' (yeh I know what they are, before you ask - I used to play for a couple of years when we first got here!)