talentedali

176 Visa Validation Trip

Dear Friends

We have been recently granted 176 visa. Our plan is to validate the visa in coming May and final migration in 2013.

I would appreciate if some one guides me of the MUST TO BE DONE DURING VALIDATION TRIP.

We are a family of seven. Kids ages 13y,10y,8y,3y, 3 months.

Regards

Guest Watkinsfamily

Hi, We have also just been granted our 176 visas and plan a validation trip in August 2012 ready for the big move in July 2013. All flights and accommodation booked including car hire. Also booked onto 1st aid course and child abuse and neglect course so that I can register to teach in South Australia during this visit and possibly try and secure some form of work before we arrive. Useful post thank you I will be following it. Good luck xx

Guest zamunda

Hi

We just returned from our validation trip. Planning on moving to Adelaide towards the end of the year.

As far as the Visa goes there is really nothing much to do. As you go through immigration at your port of arrival they scan your pass port and vias. That's it!

Once it is in their system that you have entered the country all is well.

We asked the immigration officer at the air port if there was anything else we should do and he said there was none.

However, just in case, we kept all proof (receipts, hotel payments, car rental receipts, fuel bills, etc) just in case (one day) We have to prove that we really did make our first visit. That's just us.

All the best.

Cheers

Guest Watkinsfamily

Hi, We don't have 'visas' in our passports just numbers emailed to us - do I need to go to the Australian embassy here (we live in Abu Dhabi) and get a visa put in before I travel or will the visa numbers be OK on the email I was sent? It is an offical migration email. Many thanks for your help

Guest teamV

You don't have to put the visa stamp in your passport ,but we have its just nice to have it there ,with us being in the Uk we just sent it to the embassy and it took about a week.

Kev.

Guest Rachael Reeve

We did it two weeks ago and there is alot to do when you are there. We opened bank accounts, looked at schools, houses,areas to live, got jobs and went all over from north to south and into the hills. We went on every beach we could find and had a good time. We move over for good on the 28 April, good luck on your trip.

Guest teamV

We opened accounts with NAB on line ,so you can transfer money across before you arrive but you need to go into the bank branch to get cards and to validate the acount,in order to withdraw any money.

http://www.nab.com.au/

Kev.

Guest teamV

If you look on the front page and open the box that says open personal account it takes you to this page,

http://www.nab.com.au/wps/wcm/connect/nab/nab/home/personal_finance/5/10?WT.seg_1=WIDAL&WT.ac=WIDAL

scoll down and there's a bit about opening an account while still oversea's.

https://www.nab.com.au/wps/wcm/connect/nab/nab/home/personal_finance/15/23/1/2

Kev.

Edited by teamV