Guest Mrs Bon Jovi

Sellicks Beach - Internet?

Guest Mrs Bon Jovi

We are considering renting in Sellicks Beach but was wondering what the broadband is like down there. We're using a wifi dongle at the minute and it drives me round the bend so we need decent Internet when we get a house! If there's anyone in Sellicks about, who do you have Internet with and is it any good??? Is Telstra the only option? So far I can't find anyone else that does it down there.TIA,Wendy

Edited by Mrs Bon Jovi

Guest Mrs Bon Jovi

Just to update, we're now in Sellicks and have got our internet with Adam - their WiMAX - and so far so good!

Just to update, we're now in Sellicks and have got our internet with Adam - their WiMAX - and so far so good!

Hey, that's good news.

May look at them, used them before.

Cooler

Guest Paula H

We are considering Aldinga, do you know what the Internet access is like down there?

Guest tinkham_lee

In Aldinga you will be very lucky if you can get a port in the exchange for adsl internet. I have adam wimax and have not had a problem with it, and it gets good speed, most of the time its above 10mbps.

Aldinga is currently being upgraded to the NBN (fibreoptic internet) which should be running in about 10-12 months, may be worth using mobile internet until it arrives

Guest sez

adsl2+ is also available at Sellicks Beach - were with Bigpond and have been with them now for over 2 years, so far we havent had any problems with connections.

Guest Crushfamily

Wimax not really an option if you are renting as involves drilling holes in roofs and walls? Unless you have a willing landlord??? Also set up costs are high for no contract or 1 year. A 3 year contract = set up costs of $150 but you pay a penalty of the balance of $750 if you move in that time. Having said that we will be going with Adam once our house is built!

Hi, we've been having big problems with our broadband, here in Sellicks. We've been having frequent dropouts and I need it for work and my wife has online uni work. Just wondering if you can tell me the speed you have been getting?

http://www.speedtest.net

Cheers,

Cooler

Guest Mrs Bon Jovi
    Hi, we've been having big problems with our broadband, here in Sellicks. We've been having frequent dropouts and I need it for work and my wife has online uni work. Just wondering if you can tell me the speed you have been getting?

www.speedtest.net

Cheers,

Cooler

10.61mbps just now. It's been around the 9-10 mark most of the time whenever I've checked it before.

Guest Mrs Bon Jovi
    Wimax not really an option if you are renting as involves drilling holes in roofs and walls? Unless you have a willing landlord??? Also set up costs are high for no contract or 1 year. A 3 year contract = set up costs of $150 but you pay a penalty of the balance of $750 if you move in that time. Having said that we will be going with Adam once our house is built!

We have a willing landlord :smile: We also got a discount on our set up fee too!

Guest Mrs Bon Jovi

We lost it once one night, that was due to a fault at the tower and it was fixed within half an hour. Apart from that it's been fine.

Guest Mrs Bon Jovi

Yes we are, we didn't see the point in paying extra for a landline so suits us fine and we get cheap calls to UK too. Not had any issues with that either.