Guest Karen,Gary and Louis

Physio skills assessment please help

Hi everyone we are in the early stages of applying for a 176 sponsored visa, I'm a physio,in Nottingham and have just been trying to get my head around the skills assessment and what I need to do to any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Karen

Hi Karen

while I don't know about the exact requirements for skills assessments for physios, we have just come through the visa application process (visa got granted this morning!) and I remember all too well how overwhelming the whole thing is at the start so I'll do my best to help you out!

(Bear in mind that the skilled migrant application system changes in July, so it's only worthwhile starting the 176 process now if you're fairly confident of getting the whole thing in by July.)

I'll go from the start as I don't know how much you know.

This link is the ASRI info on physiotherapists from DIAC - def worth reading if you haven't seen it already.

http://www.immi.gov.au/asri/occupations/p/physiotherapist.htm

It says that you need to get assessed by the Australian Physiotherapy Council.

http://www.physiocouncil.com.au/assessment/assessment-for-skilled-migration

As far as I can see, you choose from one of two assessment options based on whether you need the points or not.

If I were you, I'd have a look at the two forms, decide which one you need, and then get together all your qualification transcripts and work references.

Hopefully this will be of some help to you - if you know all this already, sorry!!!

Cheers,

Sinead

Thanks Sinead I've been looking through the information for hours now and think I'm going to have to do the assessment, I can do the initial assessment but the next written one is in September and you have to go over to aus to do the practical im now trying to find out if once I've began the skills assessment can I then start the visa application as surely you dont have to complete all this first as it will take ages

Karen

Sorry forgot to congratulate you on your visa well done hope you love it over there

Guest PaulandVicky

Hi Karen

Im an OT. I applied though the OTC council in oz - the main one for OT,s much like ours here for HPC. I think the same as above, apply for the physio council. It's a case of filling out a form and sending it off, jus takes a little longer than HPC process.

Vicky x

Hi Karen

Im an OT. I applied though the OTC council in oz - the main one for OT,s much like ours here for HPC. I think the same as above, apply for the physio council. It's a case of filling out a form and sending it off, jus takes a little longer than HPC process.

Vicky x

Hi im an OT here too, i believe its the same process too, i had to get all my forms certificates, course content etc all signed by an approved professional and then just sent everything thing to our ot council. I waited for approval which took around 6 weeks in my case this is called stage 1 audit. When i got here i had to carry out stage 2 audit which is an on the job audit.

Good Luck :)