Guest Guest5035

Euthanasia

Guest Guest5035

not quite Adelaide, but one day you might need it, i think it should be allowed..

Stevo

I have deleted some posts on this thread as obviously people must have misread the title here is a thread about Erasure just for the fans out there http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/barbie/30440-erasure.html

Steve, I do agree with you, however, I think every situation should be judged on its own merits, for example if there was a cure then no it shouldn't be allowed, however, if the patient has no chance of recovery and it's just a way of prolonging their pain then yes it should be allowed. Sometimes we all get to the point where we cannot be bothered to fight any more and would just love to go to sleep and be left at peace.

Guest Helchops

I think most people who've sat down and had any sort of conversation with an elderly person who is very tired and wants some peace and quiet; that the fast paced modern world is unrecognisable to them, and they maybe don't understand things anymore would have to concede that it should be a persons right to end their lives if they wish. Some people are in unbearable pain, confusion, suffered loss...whatever it is, sometimes the ability to 'cure' them feels like a death sentence in itself.

That said, I'm not sure how a system could be designed that wasn't open to abuse from Inheritance issues and the like, but I think the first step is agreeing in whether it's a god idea or not, and then discuss implementation.

Guest bigal

It doesn't only affect elderley people,my own daughter was very ill with Acute Myeloid Leukemia an illness that came on very quickly started witha sore throat,after antibiotics no better, a Sunday morning visit to Noarlunga hospital, rushed by ambulance to Flinders, Acute Myeloid Leukemia confirmed, after horrific treatment losing her hair was the last of her problems,a year in remission,back it came twice as aggressive, this time she went from bad to worse towards the end she was ready and wanted to die, a very positive bubbly person who had all the right attitudes,the hospital eventually stopped treatment and she came home and was at her final rest within a couple of days,17 days before her 32nd birthday.

I haven't given to many details,but side affects from the treatment were horrific.

Their are lots of different Leukemias all bad yes, but some are less aggressive than others, and lots of sufferers go on to gain full remission.

So yes we must not rule out euthanasia

Guest Guest5035

thats so tragic at that age too, my mil is very close and has terminal cancer, last october/november she was very active and my wife had some real quality time with her. We got back from the UK a week ago, when we arrived there i was shocked to see a lady once active now bedbound full of morphine and a skeleton, we don't treat animals like this.

stevo

Guest Helchops

Im very sorry to hear your story bigal and stevo.

Anyone who has seen cancer in action knows that it is an absolutely horrific disease.

There certainly seems to be consensus in the public, just that small issue of administration, legality & religion getting in the way.

The thing is, none of that matters to the pour souls in pain and struggling.

Edited by Helchops

Guest Guest75

Sorry to hear this Steve. I knew what was going on. I thought you'd just heard the news item the other day about the two Pollies fighting.

My public apologies for the mucking around............