Guest leeannekays

Fly in 18 days and house sale has just fell through for 2nd time

Guest leeannekays

We sold our house last December and moved out and sent all our things to Adelaide early then as we were due to exchange contracts our buyers buyer pulled out. The house went up for sale again and sold immediately. We are due to exchange this week and complete next week and our buyers buyer has just pulled out! I just can't believe it. It should never be allowed

Feel exhausted with all the worrying of trying to get the sale complete before we fly this month. Now after it's fell through again I suddenly feel I don't care as it's took everything I got. Were going anyway and ineed to stay focused with the move and stop wasting my energy on worrying about things out of my control.

I am truly in the middle of this roller coaster ride.

We are not sure ether to rent or sale now either............

Leeanne xx

Guest vikkiann

We lost our buyer last Monday at exchange point and i was devastated, had a viewer last Tuesday and accepted an offer. I couldn't believe our luck.

Saying that i have no faith in the uk property market.

Can you afford to rent it out or do you need to sell to make the move?

Guest Paula H

Oh no, I think selling my house in a way was more stressful so I really feel for u :(

(((hugs))) chin up and keep thinking positive

Guest leeannekays

Thank you Misplaced, your kind words do help.

Hi Vikkiann, the uk property Market is rubbish, so many loop holes. We are having a good chat about it tonight to decide what to do. Did want to sell really, however it won't be sold now before we go. Hadn't thought of renting until now, it is a possibility but really we did want to cut all ties with uk ad start again in oz.

I'm feeling crazy and strange, just so much going on.

Leeanne xx

Guest leeannekays

Hi Paula, we've decided to put up for sale again tomorrow and see how it goes. Xx

We wouldn't rent it as well.

Guest Paula H

Good luck, if you can leave it in the capable hands of a family member then xx

I know you have to be sure when buying a house, but to fold at that late hour reallly sucks. I feel for you.

I know I have said it before, but if you have the money and can still go ahead, relax. There's nothing much more you can do and it is easy as to carry on with the sale when you are here (well, it was for us).

Being here while your house sells can also free you from the bartering etc! Some buyers seem to believe it will make you more desperate but we told our agents to just shrug and tell them we'd already gone and weren't that bothered!

I hope this works for you somehow. Won't be long before you are here and, hopefully, it will all seem a million miles away :)

LC

So sorry to hear your news Leeanne and Vikkiann - I'm sure it will all turn out OK but it doesn't make that roller coaster ride any easier - hang in there at least you'll be on your way soon. Same thing happened to us but we kept our buyer while they found someone else as they had offered a really good price. We completed on a Friday and flew out on the following Monday.

Leeanne

Im so sorry to hear about your house, you must really be going through it at the moment....

I think your right, just try to focus on the things you can influence and keep positive. you'll be here soon and we cant wait to meet you all.

Fingers crossed it will all work out for you soon.

Take care

Kim

XXXX

Guest lyn

So sorry to hear about the house, Leeanne. The house sale process in the UK is so stressful. I really believe in fate so I'm sure that all this is happening for a reason.

It will all be worth the stress once you get here and as others have said, we can't wait to meet you here!

Keep smiling and stay focused on the ultimate goal.

Lyn x

Guest beckeithking

Oh Leeanne,

this is my worst fear of selling. You sound like you have had it tough. Deep breath's and let it go, you have kept it together so far!!

My friends are going down the renting route - and it has proved expensive and a long process: certificates for all appliances, landlord insurance, landlord applications etc

Hope it all works out soon.

Becxx

Guest leeannekays

Thank you everyone, our house went up for sale again today. We now need to carefully select a member of family to hand the sale over to. I feel like I've got no worrying left in me, it makes me want to move all the more.

Just got to be even more careful with money now as won't have the amount we planned to take. which is the only thing that concerns me slightly.

Leeanne xxxx

Guest Guest75

Hi Leanne

So sorry to read this, I hope it all works out.

I fume about the English system of property transfer, it is a total farce and needs to be radically overhauled.:arghh:

C'mon Cameron, leave the pasties alone and do something F@#$%^g useful!!!!!!!:realmad:

For anyone coming out for future reference.................... DON'T tell the agent you are moving out to Oz. No lying,just say you are moving further out.:wink:

Especially do not let them pass this on to potential purchasers if they have to be in on it.