Guest business

why is it soo confusing!!!

Guest business

Hi there...I'm new to the site and any help i get would be much appreciated..

overview.. came to Aus (Adelaide) in 2007 to study hospitality (degree)..finished my degree successfully in 3rd quarter of 2010 and got straight into a full time, salaried position which was then a requirement for the TR - graduate skilled visa..i was suggested to get started on my PR application as soon as I got my TR as it is a LONG process..

I applied for Vetassess skilled assessment which resulted in Negative (shcoked! as my qualification was in the same field restaurants and catering & was approved ..but I did not fulfill some requirement so it got rejected...) as per the immigration office my only route to PR is getting an employee to sponsor me (which my employer will do - not happily though as he does not want to give any government agency his business activity statements etc. for some reason :rolleyes:)

After that long story my main question is having been here since 2007 how soon can i apply for a citizenship after my employer sponsors me (visa 857)..and is the 857 a permanent residency or does it come with an expiry date as well?

Like I said I have been drawing inconclusive, unlinked answers all over the place so any help would be greatly appreciated..!!

Thanks in advance.

Guest smurph

there is a citizen wizard on the immi.gov.au website that you can put in your dates and it will tell you the date eligible. but i am sure it is 4 years in total with a minimum of 12months as a permanent resident.

Hi there

Yes, the subclass 857 visa confers immediate Permanent Residency, sunject to the Obligations set out in the Obligations section about the visa:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skilled-workers/rsms/

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/books5.htm

Cheers

Gill

There are no conditions imposed on a subclass 857 visa, notwithstanding various DIAC commentaries to the contrary.

There are no conditions imposed on a subclass 857 visa, notwithstanding various DIAC commentaries to the contrary.

Hi Westly

I said "obligations" not "visa conditions."

Cheers

Gill

Guest business

hello all,

thanks for taking the time out for the posts...really help..

update: employers have gone ahead with the sponsorship process..they have infact asked me to organise everything (except the financial paperwork which they will provide: BAS Statements, P&L Statements, Registration copy, promo material, Bank statements, lease)

this is what i have so far:

organisational tree

letter of employment

job description

pay slips

form 1054

IELTS (have to take test)

Police clearance certificate - Australian and international

Is there anything else i need?

Biz