Guest rlord

Child Care Centres

Guest rlord

Hello Everyone,

We are planning to come out in August 2012 and I have been looking at CCC (nurseries over here) they all seem to have a waiting list, is this correct? If so I want to get my sons name down so he can start a couple of weeks after landing as I don't want him to be away from that enviroment for too long as he loves his nursery over here and I think it is best for him. What shall I do?

Thanks in advance :wink:

Guest leeannekays

I'll be interested to find out your responses xxx

Leeanne

I havent found that to be the case, but i was not looking for full time care and was prepared to be flexible. Not sure what u r looking or what area. I would wait till u get here and check out where suits you bet, but if u felt u wanted to, I am sure you would be able to book into Daycare before arrival.

All of the 6 places looked had vancanies

Just to check you mean daycare as in a day nursery and not something like preschool (kindy or children centre). These do have wait lists and you should prob try get onto one

Guest rlord

Thanks for the info foxychick, yeah i mean a day nursery where they can go from birth - starting school. My little lad is only 2 so it's not a big panic, plus we don't know where we are going to be living so I suppose like you said I will have to wait. Thanks tho

I work in child care and we have spaces the only 2's room might not have all the days as these room tend to be small and is on 1 staff to 4 babies. toddler and kindys are bigger rooms and can have spaces as already been said look a round a few see whats best :)

Guest marcandjo

hiya Tina

what centre do you work at? we have kids in daycare in wynn vale? my hubby met steve last week at footy and he mentioned that sometimes the "wags " have a night out too... i must say having been here a year and only been out 1 x when we had grandparents visiting, we would be dead keen on getting out... or even just a girls night

sorry seems a bit cheeky

Jo

Guest babka

I think it depends how old your child is. My daughter is not yet 2, and I was told the waiting list was anywhere between 3-6 months for most of the centres I contacted in and around the city (up to 18 months at Flinders Uni!). But most places had some days or sessions available for kids over 2 years old (where the staffing ratios are different).

Annesley Junior school in Wayville has an Early Learning Centre which takes children from two. You don't have to necessarily send your child on to the school which is private. You can claim the childcare rebate as it is a registered centre.