Guest helenlennon

Intelligence Officer

Guest helenlennon

Hi

I'm new to PIA and wondered if anyone could offer advice on the current availability of roles for Intelligence Analysts in SA? I'm currently working for the Police in London as an Intel Analyst. I am NIAT trained and I have an MSc in Crime Science from UCL so I definitely have the qualifications needed.

It's tricky with this line of work as a lot of job roles are with the Government and as such they ask that you are a citizen; however if anyone knows of any individuals or private sector companies that would be worth contacting I'd appreciate any advice!

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this.

Helen

Hello Helen

SAPOL - South Australia Police - employ non-sworn intelligence analysts. I retired from SAPOL two years ago after 40 years in the job and unless things have changed radically in that time it's still the case. SAPOL does not require Aust citizenship for sworn or non-sworn members just as long as you have PR. I can't help you with any private companies that employ intel analysts I'm afraid. But if you want to contact SAPOL and give it a try it's worth it. What usually happens is that any vacancies in that area are advertised by the State Government. The website is here - http://www.vacancies.sa.gov.au/NOVPUblic/asp/public/Home.aspx

But I think it might be worth a direct contact with SAPOL. You may need to get beyond the front desk of recruiting (by email I mean) so it might pay to address it for the attention of the Officer in Charge there to emphasise the fact that it's not exactly a routine inquiry.

This site might be a resource too - http://www.aipio.asn.au/

Guest helenlennon

Hi Royd

Thank you so much for this information! I'll email SAPOL today and see what they say. I have emailed them in the past but as you rightly pointed out I think I just had a standard response at that time from HR. I will also check out the other website you suggested.

Warmest regards

Helen