Guest sfb

Visa class & cost for the newly born baby while having 475 visa and offshore?

Guest sfb

Hi everyone,

I and my partner (having a 475 visa) did a short visit to Australia last year to make first entry requirement and we have a plan for permanent movement to Australia this year. Now, we have another situation, as we have been blessed with a baby this month while we are outside Australia. As per my R&D, 475 visa will be applicable to the baby and it incurrs a cost of $2960. My question are that;

1) Is it the only available option to have the visa for baby? No other visa class or cheap way?

2) It is mentioned by DIAC that paper application is the only way. So, while filling 1276 appllication, will it be by the name of baby or I have to present again as the main applicant? Because I and my wife have already the visas and now only baby has to have the visa?

3) Should the application sent to Australia or the local Australian high commission?

4) If anybody experince this, what are the timeframes to get the visa for baby?

Thanks & Regards...

Guest sfb

Can anybody reply to this thread having related information?

Guest ska

hi dear, can you share with me the process, which you followed,i hv got the similar situation.

thank you so much

Hi everyone,

I and my partner (having a 475 visa) did a short visit to Australia last year to make first entry requirement and we have a plan for permanent movement to Australia this year. Now, we have another situation, as we have been blessed with a baby this month while we are outside Australia. As per my R&D, 475 visa will be applicable to the baby and it incurrs a cost of $2960. My question are that;

1) Is it the only available option to have the visa for baby? No other visa class or cheap way?

2) It is mentioned by DIAC that paper application is the only way. So, while filling 1276 appllication, will it be by the name of baby or I have to present again as the main applicant? Because I and my wife have already the visas and now only baby has to have the visa?

3) Should the application sent to Australia or the local Australian high commission?

4) If anybody experince this, what are the timeframes to get the visa for baby?

Thanks & Regards...