Guest marcandjo

anything happening up north

Guest marcandjo

hey all, we have had to reregister as forgot my old password, so formerly jmtomo, been here 1 year now, living in golden grove, originally from middlesbrough and stockton, emmigrated to adelaide after 8 years in NZ. we have 4 boys aged 16,10,4 and 2. im an OT and husband a PE teacher. though not working as a pe teacher (long story..........)

anyhow we are finding ourselves slipping down the slope of isolation, especially felt during xmas and now easter, the times when you usually meeting up with family and friends.

we are wanting to meet families who are up this way , who enjoy a laugh, getting out and about with the kids, and want to make new friends. marc is into his football, and likes some banter. im easy going, looking forward to changing from full time work to part time, so that I can meet some people. I like running though have recently had back injury and just getting back into it. kids like football, climbing, movies, swimming, trampolines and all lively kids things. our eldest lives in nz at the mo.

sending out an SOS to like minded people.:unsure: to see if theres any out there

from jo and marc

Marc might be interested in coming to play football (soccer) on wednesday nights. we play over burrugh reserve on Kelly Road. Mainly poms with about 8 a side on average, over 35's but some younger players. Just fun but taken seriously (if that makes sense!) we have a couple of beers over at ther Campangne Club off milne road, we have a quiz there also. We have a few socials with WAG's as well. Come along, we start at 7.30 on weds nights and its $5 a player. (no middlesborough shirts allowed!!!)

Steve

Guest marcandjo

hi Steve cheers for that he will be there this wed, dont worry no boro shirts for Marc , he will ask for you

take care[

jo

QUOTE=tina&steve;225317]Marc might be interested in coming to play football (soccer) on wednesday nights. we play over burrugh reserve on Kelly Road. Mainly poms with about 8 a side on average, over 35's but some younger players. Just fun but taken seriously (if that makes sense!) we have a couple of beers over at ther Campangne Club off milne road, we have a quiz there also. We have a few socials with WAG's as well. Come along, we start at 7.30 on weds nights and its $5 a player. (no middlesborough shirts allowed!!!)

Steve

Hi Steve

If you are looking for extra numbers i wouldn't mind a kick about. I am on lates this week though.Is it behind the Burrugh sports centre where they have 6 a side on tuesdays?

Cheers Rob

Hi Jo & Mark we've been in Adelaide a week now, in Mawson Lakes for four weeks then hoping to move to Golden Grove as that's where daughter (8) is going to school & Gavs work is. How you findin it and what school are the kids at??

Lisa

Guest marcandjo

Hi Lisa

welcome to Adelaide, I bet u think its blummin freezing, the temp has dropped so much last few days. im sure it will bounce back a bit, we like golden grove close to everything, we live close to the village shopping centre so dead handy for popping over, close to pools, and movies too, the parks pretty cool too and will be great when its finished. straight run into the city especially on the bus, and only 20 mins to semaphore beach

we have three boys at home, we have 10 yr old ag golden grove lutheran primary, we went here due to the low numbers in the school smaller community feel, its semi private meaning cheap private, very nice school, with values on keeping it small. well resourced. we have one at kindy at golden grove primary school, and we are not sure if he will go onto golden grove primary or to the lutheran school, as we're not religious at all, and also cant afford to pay for more private schooling. especailly as in a couple of years we will have three in school! our youngest is at the daycare centre and all have settled really well,

when I was looking for schools last year the people at my works highly reccommended keithcote primary on wynn vale, but its was full, pedare is a more expensive primary/ secoundary and we couldnt afford it, hubby has recently been doing releiving work there and doesnt think it would have suited us anyway. we looked around greenwith school and it was nice just too big for what we wanted, and that were our thoughst too about GG primary, though the more time I spend there through kindy the more I like it. I hear alot of english accents in the school grounds, which is always nice.

there is also another catholic primary called st frances of something or other !!! not meaning to offend, I looked at the kidny there and it was lovely, but full. this is also a more expensive school.

where are u from in the uk, and what does your hubby do? where will he be working. where will you be living in golden grove?

let me know if I can share any more info, or if you want to meet up, I go part time in 10days not that im counting or anything.

there is a local learn to swim school opposite the shopping village if your daughter is into swimming lessons?

Hi There,

We arrived last week with our 2 year old daughter, she needs some friends, we stay in Salisbury North just now, we are looking to meet up also as my Husband is already at work so feel

lonely just now. We also like a good laugh,our daughter is full of excess energy and I love yoga , movies, and much more

Please feel free to call me 0478796026 or PM me .

Cheers

Shiv

Guest Guest5035
    Hi Lisa

we live close to the village shopping centre ?

anywhere near the BP servo??

stevo

Hi marc&Jo we now have our Daughter enrolled in Golden Grove Primary School, we know another family with children there and they say they seem to love it so fingers crossed, she's going into Y4.

We have also enrolled her in swimming classes, she's going on a Thursday after School so thats good.

Where about's are you working?? I can't wait to find a job although I know it's going to be hard finding something I need to be out of the house, I worked full time in the UK. We are from Jarrow(about 8 miles from Newcastle upon tyne although my Gavin is from South Africa, he's lived in UK for 10yrs)

We've secured a rental in surrey downs so not far from Golden Grove shops etc, we get the keys on Monday, the day little one starts School (she's 8) just busy looking for a car now.

Really looking forward to meeting up with people asap, unfortunately Gav is more into Rugby then footy so he won't be joining any teams ha ha. Have sent you a pm too. He's an Engineering manager at the brickworks in gg.

Hope to speak soon...

oh we've found that nice park you mention, its all open now (well most of it seems to be) olivia likes the skate park bit too, we were there yesterday in the 30 degree heat.

Hi Lisa

welcome to Adelaide, I bet u think its blummin freezing, the temp has dropped so much last few days. im sure it will bounce back a bit, we like golden grove close to everything, we live close to the village shopping centre so dead handy for popping over, close to pools, and movies too, the parks pretty cool too and will be great when its finished. straight run into the city especially on the bus, and only 20 mins to semaphore beach

we have three boys at home, we have 10 yr old ag golden grove lutheran primary, we went here due to the low numbers in the school smaller community feel, its semi private meaning cheap private, very nice school, with values on keeping it small. well resourced. we have one at kindy at golden grove primary school, and we are not sure if he will go onto golden grove primary or to the lutheran school, as we're not religious at all, and also cant afford to pay for more private schooling. especailly as in a couple of years we will have three in school! our youngest is at the daycare centre and all have settled really well,

when I was looking for schools last year the people at my works highly reccommended keithcote primary on wynn vale, but its was full, pedare is a more expensive primary/ secoundary and we couldnt afford it, hubby has recently been doing releiving work there and doesnt think it would have suited us anyway. we looked around greenwith school and it was nice just too big for what we wanted, and that were our thoughst too about GG primary, though the more time I spend there through kindy the more I like it. I hear alot of english accents in the school grounds, which is always nice.

there is also another catholic primary called st frances of something or other !!! not meaning to offend, I looked at the kidny there and it was lovely, but full. this is also a more expensive school.

where are u from in the uk, and what does your hubby do? where will he be working. where will you be living in golden grove?

let me know if I can share any more info, or if you want to meet up, I go part time in 10days not that im counting or anything.

there is a local learn to swim school opposite the shopping village if your daughter is into swimming lessons?

Edited by VdMfamily

Hi Shiv how are you settling in? We're into our 3rd week here now. We have an 8 year old Daughter, she starts School Monday.

Hi There,

We arrived last week with our 2 year old daughter, she needs some friends, we stay in Salisbury North just now, we are looking to meet up also as my Husband is already at work so feel

lonely just now. We also like a good laugh,our daughter is full of excess energy and I love yoga , movies, and much more

Please feel free to call me 0478796026 or PM me .

Cheers

Shiv

How about we do a girls night out in the next couple of weeks up this way? Perhaps on a Wednesday night at the Fox n Firkin in Tea Tree Gully? Next Wednesday is Anzac Day, so perhaps the one after - the 3rd May I think? If there's any interest I'll post up a separate thread.

Guest ReadyPenny

"I go part time in 10days not that im counting or anything."

Sure you're not counting Jo :) You are more than welcome round ours any time you like

Guest marcandjo

hey mrs ready penny henny penny lol.... what u like mysterious names an all..... cheers sweet p we shall have to do a girls night though or couples as the kids would be too much in your palace xxx see you soonnnnnnnnnnnnnnn, and how many days now oh 4 yay yeah

Guest marcandjo

hi diane sound good but does it have to be a wed.... how about thurs, fri or sat

Hi marc&Jo we now have our Daughter enrolled in Golden Grove Primary School, we know another family with children there and they say they seem to love it so fingers crossed, she's going into Y4.

We have also enrolled her in swimming classes, she's going on a Thursday after School so thats good.

Where about's are you working?? I can't wait to find a job although I know it's going to be hard finding something I need to be out of the house, I worked full time in the UK. We are from Jarrow(about 8 miles from Newcastle upon tyne although my Gavin is from South Africa, he's lived in UK for 10yrs)

We've secured a rental in surrey downs so not far from Golden Grove shops etc, we get the keys on Monday, the day little one starts School (she's 8) just busy looking for a car now.

Really looking forward to meeting up with people asap, unfortunately Gav is more into Rugby then footy so he won't be joining any teams ha ha. Have sent you a pm too. He's an Engineering manager at the brickworks in gg.

Hope to speak soon...

oh we've found that nice park you mention, its all open now (well most of it seems to be) olivia likes the skate park bit too, we were there yesterday in the 30 degree heat.

Hi what class is your daughter in at GGPS? my son is in year 4 too.

How about we do a girls night out in the next couple of weeks up this way? Perhaps on a Wednesday night at the Fox n Firkin in Tea Tree Gully? Next Wednesday is Anzac Day, so perhaps the one after - the 3rd May I think? If there's any interest I'll post up a separate thread.

Diane you and your weds meet ups here is steve trying to get more players on a weds MRS!! TUT TUT ;) x will be up for it will have to work around Steves shifts as always (need a roll eyes smilie)

LOL only picked Wednesday because Thursday nights are hell for me (two kids, two different directions at the same time!), and always think Fridays and Saturdays are a bit busy so we might not be able to get tables/chairs to sit on those days, and Mondays and Sundays are funny nights to go out! So it's either Tuesday or Wednesday for me...... I guess we could try a Friday if it suits more people...??

it depends how far north you want to travel!! We are 3 hrs drive north of adelaide but very setled and loving it. I come to Adelaide fairly regularly with work and my kids are always happy to head "into town" for the day - we have been here 2.5 years and very happy, feel free to give me a ring if you fancy a chat, my kids are 15 (boy),13 Girl). 11 & 11( boy and girl), i'm sure they would like some city friends to catch up with, they will be more than happy to talk from a distance too

Rach x

Hi There I just relised you had messaged me sorry for the delay, we are settling in ok I suppose but it will take time to fully adjust.

How are you all with your move?

Please feel free to give us a shout if you want to meet for a coffee etc as we are not far from you?

Shiv

Hi Shiv, love to meet for a coffee soon, I met with Jo this morning which was lovely x

Lisa

x

Hi There I just relised you had messaged me sorry for the delay, we are settling in ok I suppose but it will take time to fully adjust.

How are you all with your move?

Please feel free to give us a shout if you want to meet for a coffee etc as we are not far from you?

Shiv

I would love to meet up for a cupper too, we're in Surrey Downs... enjoy Wales x

Lisa

hey I'm also living in Salisbury north, am currently on holls in rainy Wales be free for cuppa mid May..!