Rocky

Wanting to move now

Hi All,

we have been on this site for a couple of months now but this is our firstpost, my name is Phil & my wife is Dawn, we have 4 boys of which 3 aredefinitely moving with us to Aus & work is in progress for the 4th (he iscurrently at uni but doesn’t want to move). Our aim is to be down under by Sept/ Oct this year so potentially in our last 5 / 6 months in the UK, that soundsscary when you put it like that ! Although as i write this & look out ofthe window and see that it is miserable, cold & wet i wish i could go rightnow.

I assume many of you had checked out Aus / Adelaide prior to moving there ashave we, with family members already in Adelaide (Flagstaff Hill) we havevisited 3 times, each at different times of the year to see if we liked it throughoutthe year, there is no need to tell you the answer ! We had even visited duringthe Aus winter of 2009 which we understand was the worst for 10 or so yearswith the amount of rain / wind etc... that didn’t deter us, it almost seemedthat the rain was different, stupid as it sounds you know what i mean.

We have come across many pieces of advice of this site, unfortunately we hadn’twrit any of it down and therefore we are seeking your advices again;

We currentlylive in Bristol and have seen somewhere on here a pet/animal company who specializein exporting to different locations, the company I believe is based in WestonSuper-Mare, they guide you through the exact requirements and take the pressureoff you by controlling the whole move for your pet, in our case a black lab. Ifanyone knows of this company either by name or through experience could youplease provide their details, I have tried to Google them but can’t findanything.

We no doubtwill be on here again very soon to seek further advice

Thanks again

Phil

Bring on thesun

The pet shipping company is Whitehouse Kennels, near Burnham exit off the M5. They are fab people, have had dealings with them a number of times for pet rehoming and rescues. I hear good things about their pet shipping also. If you phone leave a message or let it keep ringing as they are often busy and not able to answer. Usually you are better off emailing in the first instance.

http://www.whitehouse-kennels.co.uk/moving%20overseas.html

Guest wayney34

we were also there winter 2009 but still loved the place and can't wait to get back in August to begin our new lives. good luck with everything