Misplaced

Camping Cables

Hi all,

Just a quick question for those that camp. Do the campsites in Oz have leech hook up? If so, what type of connection do they use?

The reason for asking is that I have one of those long orange cable with the blue 3 pin connectors and just want to make sure that it will not be useable in Oz before I sell it.

Cheers,

Mis

Guest Tina

the only thing we use here for electric hook up when we go camping, is just a big long extension lead.

Hi all,

Just a quick question for those that camp. Do the campsites in Oz have leech hook up? If so, what type of connection do they use?

The reason for asking is that I have one of those long orange cable with the blue 3 pin connectors and just want to make sure that it will not be useable in Oz before I sell it.

Cheers,

Mis

We used to have one of those in UK but sold ours before we came, which was just as well as they just use household extension leads...... we havent used leccy on site yet but when I was at camping show recently we looked at some of the hook up leads and they seem to have bigger 'blade' on the plug which I believe was higher amp (15) than the household one which is usually 10??, can anyone confirm thats what they use?

Guest yogi64

A lot of the powered sites do have 15A outlets but if you take a 10A one it'll still fit, just don't overload it, thats all we use.

Mike

A lot of the powered sites do have 15A outlets but if you take a 10A one it'll still fit, just don't overload it, thats all we use.

Mike

Great, thanks Mike, gonna need some heat at night now it's getting chillier :)

Julie

Guest yogi64

Just get out there and explore, it's a bloody big place, with some surprising treasures close to home.

Mike

Guest Barney Rubble

Mike

That sounds about normal to what we have installed / repaired here :wink:.

Would get yourself a portable RCD lead/box too just in case but most sites should have RCD (Safety Switches) installed on the site outlets.

Cost @ $150.00 but don't quote me on that, price books left at work thankfully :err:

Cheers

BR