Guest USA soon just SA

176 Visa Granted!!!!

Guest USA soon just SA

WOO HOO, we got our 176 visa granted last week! The parts that took us the longest were the FBI checks, which took 7 weeks. But they say to expect 8, so I suppose we did pretty well anyways. We were lucky to have been assigned a CO the week before, so that when the FBI chacks came through, and were e-mailed, it was only a short time until the final grant.

We have been so focussed over the past year on the preparations for the skills test, the SS, the CO, and the actual visa grant, that we find ourselves in a new environment now. Before I would read posts by pthers and think "oh, that's interesting", and now I look at them and think "oh my, that is going to be us!"

All joking asidek we are really excited to be working on preparations for the actual move, instead of just the right to move. Now we just have to tell bith of our sets of parents. Oh yeah, we also have to tell the kids.

We are planning to arrive in mid october, and a quick check of the math over the weekend revealed this to be only a week more than 6 months from now! OH MY!!!!!!

Congratulations on getting the visa.

Its such a big relief when you get it!

Now the panic of telling the folks and booking the flights starts.

Rob and Mel

Guest Rochesdownunder

Congrats now the real hard work starts lol