ian mc

getting cold

You can tell winter is on its way cold to start with in the mornings nice during the day and getting cold at night. Time to start getting the wood burner ready for use.

Agree there Ian.

Kids complaining chocolate spread is now chocolate not spread :biglaugh:

Also complaining cold on a night now. Soon be back to being warmer outside than in

Yeah, temps are very different from day to night now, but also in and out of the sun. Was on Rundle Mall yesterday and half was in the sun and half in the shade. Lovely and warm with the sun beating down but real difference in temp once in shadow - it was very obvious that most people chose to walk on the sunny half!

Daytime temps look great for the next week - high 20s. :)

Jim

Guest Guest75

Yep,definitely colder on a morning now. I had a t shirt / shirt / fleece and a jacket on early this morning!!! 7c at 5.15am

Guest Guest5035

got my wood last week off gumtree, redwood, 8 x 4 trailer stacked up $100 delivered, rapt or what,:biggrin:

stevo

Guest moonraker1959

Thats cheap!I used to pay $120 per Tonne 12 years ago for redgum!

Guest Guest5035

tell me about it, i couldn't get there quick enough, even better when he said he'd deliver

stevo

No wood burner but bought a couple of fleeces, put the duckdown duvet on the bed and have looked out the hot water bottles. Suspect there will be a few early nights from now on. Going to wait another couple of weeks before turning on the under floor heating (warms the tiles up a bit in the kitchen, hall and bathroom and uses off-peak leccie)

Must hurry up and finish those quilts I started making - they'll be good for keeping my legs warm while watching TV! Have a gas heater in the 'formal' lounge but nothing in the family room sadly. It will be our first Aussie winter and it can't be worse than being snowed in with temperatures -6 and the central heating boiler on the blink for 5 days and no alternative heating (February 2011 in the UK)