shelagh1973

Should I contact my case officer?

I know this sounds silly but my anxiety levels are soaring. Our case officer contacted us 3 weeks ago today asking for penal clearance and health checks. We arranged and uploaded these within 3 days. Our DIAC tracking page aknowledges our health checks as these were uploaded by the hospital but all our other documents have not been checked off!!!! Our 28 day limit is up in a weeks time. My partner says I am stressing about nothing and I should just relax. I can't! Has anyone else had experience of no changes on their DIAC tracking page? Should I just wait for next Thursday and see what that brings?

Don't worry. They take their time. As long as the documents are uploaded that's all you can do. They would have checked your file, realised you needed additional documents and asked you to provide them before moving on to the next file. They will be back to yours in time. Try not to get stressed out.

Guest Mrs Bon Jovi

The only contact we ever had with our CO was when he sent the visa grant notice. All of our documents were still "required" even after our visa was granted so that is nothing to stress about.

Maybe just send a polite email saying that you've uploaded the things they asked for and ask if there's anything else they need. It will help with your stress levels and might just get things moving. Wont do any harm anyway.

Thanks. That does help. My partner thinks if I contact them it will bring on the dreaded form 80! I think we will have to fill this in anyhow. Have you had experience of this?

If they wanted form 80 they probably would have asked for it. I submitted it upfront so not sure if they request it for everyone.

Guest Mrs Bon Jovi

We submitted it upfront too so can't help with that either.

Hi

we got asked for form 80 with the request for meds and pcc so I think you won't be asked for it at all.

When I would get worried about things not progressing I would email the CO just saying : here is what we've uploaded, do you need anything else? If nothing else it made me feel like I was doing something! And he always either replied or updated the checklist.

It's such a stressful time, checking the status page all the time and worrying you've missed something but don't worry, it does come to an end!

We fly out August, now we are in a different kind of stress!! It'll all be worth it though.

Best of luck!!

At least you get an online status to check. I've got a spouse visa which had to be applied for on good old fashioned paper through the post. I knew my application form got there because I got an email asking for the police checks and meds but had nothing after that. I was confident about the meds getting back but I had to post the police check and didn't get any confirmation that it had been received. In the end I emailed my CO just to ask if there was anything else he needed and I got an email back saying he was hoping to approve my visa by mid march, but then heard nothing else until my visa came through.

If you're worried email your case officer just to check that the police check has been received.

Nicola