Sign in to follow this  
Guest choochoo

Train Driver

Guest choochoo

Hi was wondering if anybody could help.I am currently a train driver in uk and looking to migrate to oz ,is there any chance of getting a train drivers job over their.

thanks choochoo

Guest Guzzler&Sas
    Hi was wondering if anybody could help.I am currently a train driver in uk and looking to migrate to oz ,is there any chance of getting a train drivers job over their.

thanks choochoo

Hi,

Sort of job I could do with, just to keep me on the straight and narrow:biglaugh:,

On a serious matter don't think the trade is on the MODL(Migration Occupatoins in Demand List) list,although found this site http://kellyhrmanager.recruitadvantage.com/index.cfm?wUPub_Id=38&wUIss_Id=383&wUArt_Id=1560 so it could well be worth you giving an migration agent a call for clarification, all the best

Guzzler

Guest banjo70

Believe it or not TransAdelaide were advertising for train drivers a few weeks back. Not sure where they were thinking of getting them from as they have the monopoly on them in Adelaide.

You could drop them an email with your CV and you never know they just might be willing to sponsor you. However, as Guzzler as pointed out if it's not on the skills wanted list you will still have trouble.

I'm not expert, so give a migration agent a call, they'll give you a free chat about just how realistic it is.