Guest Lulujim

Irons, toasters & Kettles!!

Guest Lulujim

Hi,

Was just wondering if people that are emigrating (or have done so) took with them their small electrical appliances like toasters, kettles, hair-dryers etc??

My iron has just blown up, and was wondering whether it's worth spending a bit more on a good one - or just getting a cheapy to make do until we leave for SA.

Any advice would be great - very much appreciated.

Thank you!!

Guest mOZzy

we intend on taking especially the small ones with us - they'll fill nicely the gaps in the container ;)

just thinking of replacing them all makes my purse go white and faint :goofy:

Guest Lulujim

So does that mean that only the plugs will need changing and they are the same voltage (?)

Guest banjo70

The thing you need to ask yourself is can I do without these things while I'm waiting for my container to arrive?

I know I couldn't cope without a cup of tea in the morning or walk aorund in creased clothes - but hey everone's different.

Any UK electricals you do decide to bring - you'll be fine with UK - Aus travel adapters to power them.

Hi,

My opinion would be that if its any good then bring it, you can always change the plugs. It is quite scary how much the little things add up to when you have to replace them.

Wendy