thegreggs

Child with australian passport

hi all

we have a new baby due in October and are looking to return to the U.K. in March next year to show baby to family members.

As we are permanent residents and our new baby will automatically become an australian citizen, we dont want to have to buy a new GB passport for the baby. We are a bit concerned as to what will happen during immgration. Can we queue thru the E.U. aisle with an australian citizen baby or do we have to queue in the really long aisle that always takes ages!!

Also will the be an issue with a small child with a different passport than the rest of the family

slightly worried at the moment

HELP

Hi

I have a friend who was in the same situation as you but in NZ quite a few years ago now.

What I have experienced with on entering the UK is you will have to go through the none European gate when entering the UK and provide a exit date for your new baby.

Try this website http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-living-abroad/passports1/entry-requirements

Our friend did return to the UK and eventually got there son duel citizenship for NZ & UK.

Hope this helps

Hi, it was 3 years ago but I returned to the UK for a visit with 2 of my daughters and the baby was the only one to have an Australian passport. It made no difference what so ever entering the UK, I went through the EU channel as I hold a British passport and they didnt even bat an eyelid that hers wasnt an Eu passport.

Yeah as said, just take the baby through the EU channels. For a while here we on our UK passports used to accompany our Australian bearing passports through the Aus channel when returning.