minty

Snorkel on a landcruiser with LPG ?

Does anyone know if you can fit a snorkel on a petrol landcruiser that has a LPG conversion ?

Can this be done or would this effect the car running on LPG. Cant see how it would but want to check before I go buy one.

It's just a modification to the air intake. The engine could run on jelly beans for all the air intake cares.

That's what I thought but I just heard somewhere that the LPG does not like the extra air. Does not make sense to me but want to double check before I spend the money.

Guest yogi64

I'm pretty sure it OK to fit a snorkel with gas as long as there is not a balance tube for the gas fitted to the intake side, all depends on what type of gas system you have fitted.

If your fitting the snorkel yourself, make sure you measure 3 or 4 times before cutting metal, some of the templates aren't very accurate.

If your looking to have a bit of fun with your car, I'm thinking of organising a bit of a day trip, with some 4x4ing involved.

Mike

Would be up for that mike. I'm going to get one but won't be fitting it myself It will be going to the garage to get done.