ajford

Gravy (o god not another I hear you say)

Hi

I normally buy greens gravy powder in a box from foodland or woolies. Have looked for it lately but they haven't got it neither have woolies. This is the best gravy I have found since coming to Adelaide.

Please please could anyone tell me if it's available in any other supermarket as I'm nearly out. Have seen it in a small tin but not the box.

Please help

Lisa

Guest smit

Weve bought the instant granules since we been here.......still do in HC

have you not tried to make your own its so easy and far more tasty. if you doing a roast use the meat juices add some plain flour to make a roux then add some stock beef stock or chicken stock lamb stock what ever it is you are cooking, just add enough liquid to your roux until you have the desiered consitency,.... or if you just want to make it without meat juices .. fry some onoins off in butter then add what ever stock you want. until you get the thickness you want doesnt take any longer than your granuel mix.

Guest smit
    have you not tried to make your own its so easy and far more tasty. if you doing a roast use the meat juices add some plain flour to make a roux then add some stock beef stock or chicken stock lamb stock what ever it is you are cooking, just add enough liquid to your roux until you have the desiered consitency,.... or if you just want to make it without meat juices .. fry some onoins off in butter then add what ever stock you want. until you get the thickness you want doesnt take any longer than your granuel mix.
    sounds good..........but too much work.....not the aussie way!!

Guest gabriel

GET YOU CHRIS!!!!! Hee!Hee! Trude

Hello all, mr ajford is writing now, mrs ajford has had Alll the culinary training and instruction in how to make gravies,stocks sauces etc.... From me, the chef however uses the powders to thicken other delightful meals eg, chilli, spagbols etc,

When your slaving over others for 12 hrs a day sometimes a little convenience help is well rewarding when adding a small amount of water to a powder.

Making gravy from scratch when you have a roast is ,or bones etc.. ,flour stock is ideal,then frozen what is not used to be used later is perfect,

lets be honest sometimes you either don't have the ingredients or can be bothered, , rant over lol