When do I do my Medical?!

Guest Sparol

Guest Sparol

Hello,

I'm having fun with the online applications again! Have submitted all of the evidence and when I checked the progress of the lodged application, there is a list of all the medical tests required and message boxes stating that we are all required to undergo our medicals. I'm a bit confused as I've seen elsewhere that you are not supposed to pay for a medical until specifically asked to by a Case Worker.

Has anyone else encountered this, all advice welcome.

Sparol x

Guest matt n mel

Hi Sparol

I would agree with chrisfen46. We recently went for our meds, but waited until co advised as we had read on other posts about holding off until requested. Some people do frontload before requested by the co, but this can sometimes leave a tight window in validating your visa, as you only get 12 months from the meds not the visa agreement date. Just be patient, would be my advice, they'll request it soon enough:smile:

When your co does request, from my experience, the appointments are easy enough to book. We rang up Friday and got in following Tuesday at Manchester Spire, so no real delays.

Good luck!

Mel

Guest Sparol

Thanks for the response, I feel a lot better now. I guess I'm just in a hurry at the moment and wrapped up in the excitement of finally making some progress after about 7 years of talking about it.

We would be screwed if we went for our medicals now as we're planning on moving December next year so we'd have to go twice if we did them now, although a few people seem to be turning around quite quickly at the moment so may still have to do that anyway or bring our plans forward.

Thanks again x