Guest Guest5035

Freshwater fishing comp

Guest Guest75

Still not got the full info on this but apparently it is a tagged Carp -------------------- Ooops. not allowed to put Carp back in the system!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest pennyblack

Thanks for that link Steve. Sounds like a fun day.

Are there any freshwater lakes down south to fish ? I dont really like sea or river fishing.

I much prefer sit relaxed on the bank and watch my float all day.

Sold all my gear when I came over but getting the itch again now so need to buy new. are these rods and reels ok from the likes of BigW ok or crap and wont last 5 min.

Guest yogi64

It's Salisbury councils way of eradicating the Carp in the lake, by turning it into a fun day

Mike

It's actually a black bream, freshwater fish, and has been acclimatised to the lake prior to its release tomorrow. Any caught carp are being turned into fertilizer, there will be a company there that does this, there to take them. They will not be returned to the lake .......... as if! :wacko:

Guest Damien
    Thanks for that link Steve. Sounds like a fun day.

Are there any freshwater lakes down south to fish ? I dont really like sea or river fishing.

I much prefer sit relaxed on the bank and watch my float all day.

Sold all my gear when I came over but getting the itch again now so need to buy new. are these rods and reels ok from the likes of BigW ok or crap and wont last 5 min.

There's the lakes alongside the Onk in Noarlunga. Or join SAFWAA, they've got loads of dams all over the Adelaide area you can fish, just google them.

Damo

Guest pennyblack

Thanks Damo.

Here's a picture from the event. funny how in England everyone would fish fresh water lakes. with their rods pointing down almost touching the water, sitting next to their rod hand poised over it ready to strike.... but here in oz they point them to the sky and stand with their arms folded, having a chat obviously hoping the fish will hook them selves :wacko:. is it because were upside down here ?? oh and if someone set up to fish within 5 metres of me they would get a real filthy look, I just couldn't fish like that.

546211_3713529593895_1145311826_3686752_1154531424_n.jpg