Guest 5 alive

Rugby clubs, for vets and kids

Guest 5 alive

Hi there,

Of course schools, house prices, access etc are important when choosing where to live.

But so is proximity to a friendly rugby club where kids can train, and dads who should have stopped years ago can still play for a side and have the odd pint.

Does anyone know any good clubs in and around adelaide?

Also, I guess the season would be up and running in July for when we are around for our validation trip.

Any pointers or suggestions welcomed.

(sadly I see the lions aren't coming to SA in 2013)

I dont play personally but burnside rugby club is supposed to be good.. they have 4 teams i think plus club house on the grounds for beers afterwards and some good food. this club is in the eastern side of adelaide. I think they also run kids teams. there are a fews poms which play aswell with a mix of aussie'. as i said i dont play one of ours friends plays for them. check out the website..http://www.burnsiderugby.rugbynet.com.au.. also the season has just started a couple of weeks ago and is only a short season over in adelaide as not many teams..

cheers

steve

Guest Django

The Onkas (based in Morphett Vale) are a friendly RU club if you are heading to the southern suburbs.

Guest 5 alive

Thanks all for the suggestions. I think when I am in Adelaide in July, I will have to visit the clubs.... I might even take my boots along!

Guest Gmulv

Hi there - I have been thinking about this myself. I'm moving to SA in August and I'm a keen union player, I play for my town at present and am looking to continue. Have a look here

http://www.sarugby.com.au/

they have a list of all the union clubs - I have emailed most of them with my position level etc and they all seem really friendly and nice, basically saying just turn up to training and introduce yourself and they are always looking for players regardless of age and ability!!

I'm looking at the Onkas as they will be closest to me as I will be in Victor Harbor.

G

Hi there - I have been thinking about this myself. I'm moving to SA in August and I'm a keen union player, I play for my town at present and am looking to continue. Have a look here

http://www.sarugby.com.au/

they have a list of all the union clubs - I have emailed most of them with my position level etc and they all seem really friendly and nice, basically saying just turn up to training and introduce yourself and they are always looking for players regardless of age and ability!!

I'm looking at the Onkas as they will be closest to me as I will be in Victor Harbor.

G

Our 2 lads will be getting back into the rugby union when we eventually get to Adelaide.......sell house sell!!!!

I take it you being from Preston you are a Hopper? Our 2 played at Fleetwood but we asked them to take a year out so we could get the house ready to sell which they did.....good lads. It's the rugby ethics in them not the attitude of those soccer players:wink:

Guest Gmulv

Ah. I actually play for chorley as I joined them before I moved back to Preston and stuck with chorley still after I moved

G