Guest Guest5035

Yes the Pubs

Guest Barney Rubble

Great post stevo, spent almost as much time reading that than I did the Sunday mail this morning.:wink:

Last year my eldest & I were there and he loved the pubs & meeting relies but that was it (oh and going to anfield)

As previously posted, even if people do go back 'home' they can at least say they had a go

Probably wont be any to miss soon there are 50 pubs a week closing in the UK, it was 35 a week when i left 8 months ago.

You leaving was always going to have had a big impact mate:wink: the amount you put away:tongue:

Guest m.and.m

We miss the good old British pubs as well,i think the aussi pub tends to have the feel of a butlins food hall to them and thinking about it a lot more aspects of butlins about them ie pokies.Don't get me wrong i loved butlins when i was growing up just miss the atmosphere of the british pup

Funnily enough we have found lots of much more traditional style pubs around the city (by which I mean, in the centre and close suburbs). The ones out in the suburbs tend to be a bit soul-less and bland, but explore around some of the older places and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. Found a lovely one in Unley a few months back, and another one when I was looking for somewhere to watch the rugby during the world cup. Traditional style, pokies well hidden away, good atmosphere...

Guest Barney Rubble
    We miss the good old British pubs as well,i think the aussi pub tends to have the feel of a butlins food hall to them and thinking about it a lot more aspects of butlins about them ie pokies.Don't get me wrong i loved butlins when i was growing up just miss the atmosphere of the british pup

:biglaugh:

Guest m.and.m

Thanks for that Diane might have to go on a pub crawl now (shame)

Guest Barney Rubble

Oh well, you know what they say, simple thing please simple minds :rolleyes:

Guest Guest75

DSC00758.jpg

Proper Yorkshire pubs. Loved this when I was in the UK at Christmas, the second shot is when we were having a few after a shoot on the cold moors.

DSC00808.jpg

Guest Barney Rubble

Plough & Horses 2.jpg

Plough and Horses in Cove, Farnborough.

30 yards from mum n' dad's front door

Tricky getting across the road at times though :jiggy:

Think the one in Unley was the Duke of Leicester - I'm afraid I didn't take a lot of notice of the rugby one

Guest smit

like Diane said, there are quite a few around the city, still got the front bar!.. Been in a few but cant tell you the names...lol!!