suziewozie

Fire wood wanted

We are looking for some fire wood for our wood burner. If anyone is chopping down any trees or has any wood they need to dispose of , then please pm me.

Guest Guest75
    Go to the hills and take it plenty of old dry wood on floor

Alex

I'd be careful, the council do not allow you to collect firewood from the road side or any public area. Tempting as it is!!!!

Fair enough...you take it for free,so it saves them clearing it away but when there's a bush fire then they will think again....typical australians they don't see the out come until its to late

Alex

Fair enough...you take it for free,so it saves them clearing it away but when there's a bush fire then they will think again....typical australians they don't see the out come until its to late

Alex

Isnt it to do with not disturbing the natural habitat of all the creatures and animals up there???? And if everyone with a wood burner started helping themselves I think that would be the thin end of the wedge, no?

Guest Guest75

Alex

I see your point but I think it is more to do with what Kingpin says. Also insurance liability as well.

Guest Guest75
    Try a local joinery business, lots of off cuts get thrown into skips and they have to pay to have it taken away

Sorry to be Health and Safety officer....................... Be very wary of any treated wood. A lot of timber here is treated with a Cyanide derivative for termite control.

Guest Guest5035
    We are looking for some fire wood for our wood burner. If anyone is chopping down any trees or has any wood they need to dispose of , then please pm me.

sent you a PM

stevo

Guest darlo 2 adelaide

hiya

i looked on gumtrre and got three trailer loads of mixed ash and gum for 140 dollars, all dried out etc. also ebay has some cheap too/ local paper too