browny

OMG Cracked the ceramic Hob glass in the rental!!!!!

HAAAAAAAAAAAA I need some help/advice! Cleaning the ceramic hob and cant get a tough bit off, ask husband to have a go and ...... crack!! The glass top has cracked from top to bottom. 1 - can I replace and 2 - where can I get the part? Its a Fisher & Paykel one but that is as far as I know as nothing on the hob thats obvious. Help please xxx

:arghh: :arghh:

Hi Stevo,

As its a rental i have contents only cover and it doesnt cover hob tops! If I cant sort it I will have to see if its covered under the landlords buildings cover.

xx

My mum had the same thing happen two weeks ago! Ultimately she's had to have a new hob installed as she couldn't get the glass only replaced. All up around 450 quid for the top plus fitting ..... lucky she is insured.

Guest bigal

Flagstaff electrical were close to Flinders looking at there website they have moved to 1070 South Road Edwardstown and are trading as Save on Spares [sA] 1070 I think is the old Truscotts electrical store if you don't know this is, it's on the right hand side heading towards the city next to Hondaworld motorcycles

NOTE: I think is the old Truscotts electrical store................ sorry I was wrong,I drove past today,it's actually on the other side of the road on the northbound side opposite Hondaworld and what used to be Truscotts.

Edited by bigal

Flagstaff electrical were close to Flinders looking at there website they have moved to 1070 South Road Edwardstown and are trading as Save on Spares [sA] 1070 I think is the old Truscotts electrical store if you don't know this is, it's on the right hand side heading towards the city next to Hondaworld motorcycles

Fab, that isnt far from me! Mission tomorrow

Thanks xxxx

Guest bigal

Statewide appliances 176 Sturt St in the city

Edited by bigal