average wage

Guest Gmulv

Guest smit

Back to original post........I read something a couple of weeks ago that said last year ave salary was 69k...this year 62k!!!. A sign of the economy or a way of manipulating figures!!!!

Yesterday unemployment figures went down...........cant remember figures but there is less people in full time employment but a lot more in part time .......hence the drop. ............theres just more full timers out of work ...!!!! . figure massaging. Probably why ave salary gone down.

This is true. I've only my experience of my time here in Oz, but always thought earning your age in the UK in £ was about average.

Isn't minimum wage about $38k full time here?

and after tax deductions, medicare...you'll end up with? :smile:

The question is 'how much' less? :wink: If the minimum wage for a full time position is 38,000 $ after tax and other legal deductions your net income would be somewhere around 24,000$? Thats not very pretty:skeptical:

Guest Gmulv

well, I don't want to post my exact wage on here, but after tax, etc, etc I'll be getting a six figure salary still, so I'm thinking I'll be fine..

G

OK G,

But you have already made that point:wink: And I know that you started this thread but I was purely curious about Xzibit's post on the minimum full time wage. I think 38,000$ is the salary of the new graduate work force.

Cheers and good luck with your move:smile:

Min wage is $15.51 an hour or about $32,000 a year full time. Graduates start on about $45,000-$50,000 as far as I can tell.

Thanks again for following up. Could you be kind and tell me generally what sort of job pays 15.51$ an hour? I'm trying to understand the labour market over there even more.

Cheers:smile:

Thanks again for following up. Could you be kind and tell me generally what sort of job pays 15.51$ an hour? I'm trying to understand the labour market over there even more.

Cheers:smile:

The minimum wage system here is very complicated. They are known as Award Wages which means it is a minimum wage that can be paid for a specific job. Under each award there will be a minimum set of terms and conditions.

Have a look at this link for more information...

http://www.fairwork.gov.au/awards/a-z-of-modern-awards/pages/default.aspx

Job adverts may say paying 'award wages' or say paying 'above award wages'. It is much more common here to negotiate your wages and terms and conditions, you need to become a sales person and sell yourself and skills to get the best deal for yourself.

The minimum wage system here is very complicated. They are known as Award Wages which means it is a minimum wage that can be paid for a specific job. Under each award there will be a minimum set of terms and conditions.

Have a look at this link for more information...

http://www.fairwork.gov.au/awards/a-z-of-modern-awards/pages/default.aspx

Job adverts may say paying 'award wages' or say paying 'above award wages'. It is much more common here to negotiate your wages and terms and conditions, you need to become a sales person and sell yourself and skills to get the best deal for yourself.

Thank you Jessica. Pretty useful information. I'll go take a look right now:wink:

Cheers,:smile:

Ali