Guest neeks

i no i shouldnt moan but

Guest neeks

im soooo cold,

i no its not as cold as the UK,but this house is freezing,the kids had fleece blankets on there beds with there duvets

i went to bed in pjs,which i had to go buy cos i was so cold.

im just glad that we have proper warm weather here for most of the year

Guest The Dimmocks

I wear bed socks which I tuck into my PJ's, and then my dressing gown on top. Quilt with 3 fleecy blankets on top as well. We normally put a hot water bottle in the kids beds about an hour before they get in to warm them up a bit, then when they go to bed put all 3 in ours LOL, I dont like electric blankets.

It will get colder though so get prepared with lots of layers :-)

im soooo cold,

i no its not as cold as the UK,but this house is freezing,the kids had fleece blankets on there beds with there duvets

LOL

It gets a lot chillier than this at night. We holidayed here in July 2010. It was colder in the house we were in than it was outside.

Guest neeks

dont say that lol,

right will get my mum sending over longjohns lol

dont say that lol,

right will get my mum sending over longjohns lol

Just have heating or heaters in the house, and a double electric blanket for the bed.

im soooo cold,

I hear you! I reckon it's warm weather for about half the year - at least it has been in the four years we've been here. October is the next month with similar average temps to this month - the ones between now and then colder. :arghh:

Jim

We bought our house which had no heating, we thought we would be ok!!!! Got gas ducted installed pretty dam quick once winter arrived!!!!!

Guest Gmulv

wow I think this will feel warm when I eventually get there in August, in comparison to what we have here. How long did it take people to acclimatise to the weather temps?

G

Hmm some people never acclimatise lol, because they have been cosseted their whole lives with double glazing, central heating and are not used to feeling a bit cold inside :D. I don't wear pjs , socks headscarves to bed, might put an extra blanket onto of the quilt in very cold weather. Mind you when I lived in England we never had central heating or double glazing either. So yes you are going to feel very cold in your house, be prepared :D

Guest Gmulv

hehe, I'm sure it won't be too bad as I live in a very old thick walled stone farmhouse - heating is never on and its always colder inside than out. also very draughty as the windows need replacing too. It will feel just like home!!

G

Guest yogi64

Geez, theres a lot of princesses that need to toughen up lol, we lived in Scotland before migrating here, the coldest day we had was -26C, we lived in a caravan whilst waiting for the visa process, during the winter we had ice on the inside of our windows, since being here i think the coldest it has been was 3C, we haven't even thought of putting the heating on yet but I have started wearing socks around the house (still wear shorts though, wear them all year round), we do use heated blankets on the beds at night doing the colder months and have a gas fire in the living room but if you shut down the rooms you don't use, pull the curtains early on and you'll be surprised how much difference if makes.

Mike

Guest Mrs Bon Jovi
    Geez, theres a lot of princesses that need to toughen up lol, we lived in Scotland before migrating here, the coldest day we had was -26C, we lived in a caravan whilst waiting for the visa process, during the winter we had ice on the inside of our windows, since being here i think the coldest it has been was 3C, we haven't even thought of putting the heating on yet but I have started wearing socks around the house (still wear shorts though, wear them all year round), we do use heated blankets on the beds at night doing the colder months and have a gas fire in the living room but if you shut down the rooms you don't use, pull the curtains early on and you'll be surprised how much difference if makes.

Mike

We had a big walk in freezer out the back at work and when you went from outside into the freezer the warmth hit you! Will never forget that, it was such a weird feeling.

Guest Nizcac

It is currently lashing down with rain in the UK and has been almost solidly since we got back from Adelaide last week - The forecast is more heavy rain. When we left it was 9am and already 25 ish degrees heading for 30, when we landed in the UK it 8.30am 5 degrees, the wind knocked my 8 yearold off her feet as we came out of the airport and you guessed it.....it was chucking it down.

However, I must point out that we did put the heating on a couple of evenings whilst we were still there ;)