Guest theballs

Any spare room?

Guest theballs

Hi, we are trying to get organised. We have twins arriving in the next few weeks and as you can imagine we are pretty scared about being so far from home with no family around. Both of our mums have offered to come out and help (one at a time!) when the twins are born (we also have a 3 year old). Our dilemma is that we don't have the room for them to stay with us and it is a huge ask for them to find the flight fares and rent an appartment. Even the cabins on a holiday park work out at around $250 a week. We were wondering if any fellow poms may have a rumpus room or teenage retreat in their back yard that is not being used for possibly 6 to 10 weeks over the winter. Self contained would be great and we are of course willing to cover costs of ammenities and a bit extra. Both mums are house trained, and would be spending days with us, so it would ust be somewhere to sleep really! We are in Aldinga beach, so anything as close as possible please.

Failing this, we are open to suggestions! Ideas of accommodation that is furnished, cheap and close?

Thanks

Kate and Matt Ball

Guest sarahtwinn82

I'm sorry I can't help but have you thought about renting/borrowing a small caravan and putting it in your garden/garage whatever.

So sorry - wish I could help out but we don;t have the room (actually - we only got here a couple of weeks ago and haven;t moved into a rental yet!) - BUT if I can be of any help in offering a a cuppa/compay for yr 3 yr old (have a two yr old girl) or need anythign then feel free to give me a shout! must be hard but you get through this you can get through anything

Guest theballs

:biglaugh: All of our Aussie friends so far are amazing! Just thought fellow poms may know how it feels to be so far from home and facing one of lifes toughest challenges...babies! And 2 babies is even more daunting. And everyone on this forum always seems so keen to help each other and are a very friendly bunch!

Thanks for suggestions, we will continue to ponder!

I really hope someone from down that way can help out. I can imagine you will need all the help you can get, I will ask around and put it out there for you.

Good luck

Michelle

Guest pennyblack

The balls. that is a perfectly reasonable request and a bloody good idea actually. no need for the comment by NickyT.

If I could help I really would.

Good luck, hope someone's able to help.

Guest SA Great
    Hi, we are trying to get organised. We have twins arriving in the next few weeks and as you can imagine we are pretty scared about being so far from home with no family around. Both of our mums have offered to come out and help (one at a time!) when the twins are born (we also have a 3 year old). Our dilemma is that we don't have the room for them to stay with us and it is a huge ask for them to find the flight fares and rent an appartment. Even the cabins on a holiday park work out at around $250 a week. We were wondering if any fellow poms may have a rumpus room or teenage retreat in their back yard that is not being used for possibly 6 to 10 weeks over the winter. Self contained would be great and we are of course willing to cover costs of ammenities and a bit extra. Both mums are house trained, and would be spending days with us, so it would ust be somewhere to sleep really! We are in Aldinga beach, so anything as close as possible please.

Failing this, we are open to suggestions! Ideas of accommodation that is furnished, cheap and close?

Thanks

Kate and Matt Ball

Is Woodcroft too far away? My friend has a couple of spare furnished rooms. What would you be prepared to pay and I can ask him if he is interested?

Guest Jeremy

Hi guys, may be a bit late for this now but I have a house in Christie Downs with a self contained granny flat. It has a kitchen and bathroom, and is partially furnished. If you are still interested you could use it for $50 per week just to cover bills and stuff. My partner Brooke and I have just returned to Adelaide after spending a couple of years in the uk, and e have a bit of additional space in he house that we wouldn't mind making use of! Let me know if you are interested, and good luck with the new arrivals!