Guest Sarahlou

Newbie :-)

Guest Sarahlou

Hi everyone

Just thought I'd introduce myself as I'm new to the forum :huh:

We are moving to Adelaide in August on a 176 visa. We have some friends already living in Willunga so we are going to stay with them initially then look for somewhere to rent once we are sorted with jobs (I'm an Environmental Manager, OH is a secondary school teacher).

Ive just booked for some tea cartons to be shipped with PSS and was just after a bit of advice... I know shoes have to be cleaned and it's easier if they're in one box but the customs form asks which brand/type of disinfectant has been used for cleaning these items?? Anyone know if I'm supposed to use a certain type?! I was just going to use some bleach!

Im sure I'll have many more questions over the next few months, hopefully not quite so random!!

Sarah x

Hi Sarah,

Welcome to PIA. We all have loads of silly questions, and they will all get answered by somebody on here. Every shipper we had quotes from recommended Jeyes fluid. We used it, and had no problems. However, it does stink and we did work very hard to get shoes, garden stuff, golf equipment etc very clean.

Good luck with your journey.

Paul

Guest Sarahlou

Hi Paul

Thanks for the quick reply. Thats great, I have never heard of Jeyes fluid but I presume I can get it easily :-) luckily we only have a few pairs of shoes, no gardening/sport stuff so hopefully it will be quite painless!

Thanks again!

We used PSS and Jeyes Fluid was fine - been using it for years for cleaning drains etc. Try Robert Dyas or B&Q.